Oct 1, 2019

It came from the Toy Chest: Alfred...

I was going to make a Geoffrey Butler reference, but it could be seen as "Racist and problematic", so I had to skip it.

Mattel actually did it and released Alfred long before Hasbro were able to release a Jarvis in Marvel Legends.
Now do I REALLY NEED TO EXPLAIN ALFRED PENNYWORTH?  He's Batman's butler.

Or if you prefer something more vintage

But if needed he can bust a cap on yo'ass


So that's Alfred.
Bats: Thanks, Alfred! I'm thirsty!
Alfred: Yes sir, I'm well aware of your thirst.
But I must ask, why?
Bats: Why what?
Alfred: Why must I filter the water through Wonder Woman's garments?
Bats: Because I want Justice flavored Water!

Articulation 
There has been an improvement in articulation for these compared to past DC Universe Classics figures. I know what you're going to say this is a DC Multiverse a natural and it's not exactly DC Universe Classics but it says spiritual successor just like dcuc was a spiritual successor today DC Superheroes line. Alfred has Marvel Legends level of articulation which is a shame since the line is dead.
4.5
Alfred: Your Mask, Young Master Parker
Peter: It's NOT FUNNY, Tony!
Tony: Bwahahaha! It actually is!
Peter: You made an Alan Napier LMD in order
for him to give me a Bat-cowl instead of my mask?
Tony:That's Hahahahaha! Not an LMD, but
A Clone Wohohoho! of him!
Peter: You really are a douche!

 paint and sculpt:
 it's a guy in a suit a butler suit if we want to be specific but still it's a guy in a suit metal has plenty of experience getting those made.  the magic is on the heads especially the live-action heads. The 66 Head on the Alfred Figure would help him blend with the Batman 66 figures. The 89 head works great with the recent 89 Batman by Mattel.
The comic book Alfred fits with pretty much any comic book Batman. And if you care for the story where there's an evil Alfred you have that evil Alfred head that I don't think I'll use. The paint work on this figure is pretty good so no complaints from me there.
5.0
Alfred: Master Bruce, *cough* I'm dying!
Hulk: Alfred not die! Hulk get Schwarzenegger!
Arnold: I'm not going to do Ice puns...
Hulk: No puns, Hulk Smash...
Arnold:Can I at least do a Get to da choppa?
Hulk: Hulk Smash choppa...
Arnold: what killed the dinosaurs? the Ice Age!!
Alfred: *dead*

Accessories:
Tray
Glass of clear liquid
Batman cowl
66 Napier head
89 Gough head
Evil Head
5.0
Buy Alfred or he'll cap yo'ass...

Overall:
Alfred gets a 4.67 as his final score and it's worth it.
It's just a shame that after 15 plus years until finally figure out how to make great looking figures that can compete with Marvel Legends. This outfit is so freaking sweet that it made me order on 89 Batman figure by Mattel just to have a Batman to display him with that it's not that crappy DC collectibles Batman I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment