Oct 10, 2019

SONY may be passing the He-Man buck to Netflix.

It's an unusual strategy, but makes sense for SONY. They aren't doing that well financially and they need help to mitigate the risk of a MOTU movie. Still, this move is a very risky one; especially since Netflix hasn't been doing that well recently. The biggest loser here is Mattel. They are counting on the movie to sell toys I'll maybe pull them out of the rut they're stuck in.  Personally this combo worries me. This means more people stirring the pot. More producers trying to cram their bad ideas into the project. (Superman Lives... 'Nuff said!)

What I'm really seeing is a lack of faith on the project by Sony. Then again if I had screwed up Ghostbusters, Men in men in black, and Spider-Man plenty of times to have two reboots; yeah I be worried. Development Hell creeps closer by the minute...

In any case let's see how this cluster bomb of failure develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment