Nov 12, 2023

Castlevania Requiem: the rant

 The Richter Belmont saga... what can I say about it that hasn't been said before? Rondo of Blood is the last of the classic Castlevania games and it kind of had a twist. Having an alternate playable character in Maria. I can see why many people think that Rondo of Blood is the superior game to the Dracula X SNES adaptation... but it's not the best Pre-Symphony of the Night Castlevania. So far Castlevania 3 and 4 are much better in my opinion.

Then there's Symphony of the Night... the second "Metroidvania" (people forget Castlevania 2 was the first Metroidvania) game. SOTN fixes a lot of the issues from RoB... it's very entertaining, but man! Alucard is so fucking slow! For a dhampir it feels like he's walking on molasses. Other than that the game's pretty good. I got to be honest I had already played Symphony of the Night back in college, but after revisiting it, I feel a bit jaded. It's not as awesome as I remember it to be. Also the new voice acting and dialogue, wow technically better than the original Symphony of the Night I don't like it it sounds very JoJo... yes, I'm aware that Richter is the narrator from Jojo and that Dracula was me, Dio. But it doesn't have the same charm as the original voices.

Don't get me wrong, they are great games, but they are kind of overrated. Guess that this means that I have to tackle the part that I feel it's going to be a pain in my ass, the original Castlevania collection. NES games can be unforgiving and I only have a single Save State per game without the rewind option which was a mistake of mine in an earlier rant; only the advanced collection has to rewind option. I'm dreading it Castlevania 3 the most, because it is highly known for its excessive difficulty.


And some use headphones when listening at work classic SOTNvoice acting:



No comments:

Post a Comment