Nov 16, 2023

Fixing Nomad Ninja Leonardo

 We saw the "Hot Ryu" Leonardo, but a straw hat and a poncho is not really worth $55. As he is, he's not that much different from vanilla Leonardo to justify the pricetag.
From the existing figure, I'd take the feet with the sandals.
New arms and legs similar to Sewer samurai Leo. No shoulder or thigh guards. We keep the forearm and shin guards idea, but paired with bandage wraps on the forearms and lower legs (like say, Shredder's) I really want to go "traditional pajama ninja" look on him.. but at the same time I don't want fully to go there. So I'm a bit torn. So, mimicking Ninja April's sleeveless outfit makes sense. I'm going for Foot Clan grey for the outfit, Leonardo Blue bandages and belt, dark blue fo the limb guards.

I'd use the same accessories from the actual figure, add the Kunai and claws from Sewer Samurai Leo. I'd add a repainted Rat King flute.

Another alternative look for him would be have bith shins and forearms wrapped with blue bandages. Baggy Ninja pants i would add a wired soft goods scarf paired with the existing tunic. The simple addition of pants and bandages on the arms and legs would've given the figure a bit of oomph!

The main issue is that it's an anemic release. Barely any accessories and it amounts to a new hat.


No comments:

Post a Comment