Nov 23, 2023

Miley Cyrus is 31...

 Holy shit! My brain can barely accept the fact that Hannah Montana is 31...

Before anyone asks, yes that's my own personal Hannah Montana beach towel, but I don't use it as a beach towel. It's just my Hannah Montana towel. The reason I'm showing my Hannah Montana towel is because when I think of Miley that's the first image that pops into my mind. Not her twerking with Robin Thicke or carrying a big bush shaped like a dick. None of those things I think straight up Hannah Montana specifically season 1 version. Well she's 31 now.

To the right you can see a picture of current year Miley Cyrus. She's 31 now. The thing is that while I'm using my lesson example my sense of time is horrible. One part of my brain still believes that Final Fantasy 7 came out like 5 years ago it's being 26. Time gets weirdly distorted shortly after college into today. Seriously, it's weird. It's like my brain compresses all those roughly 20 years into three and it's fucking weird. I mean, I've been roughly 14 years writing this blog and I still feel like I started it about 8 months ago. I'm fully aware that it's been 14 years but it doesn't feel like 14 years.

Sure, it doesn't help that I am permanently stuck in a 1980s / 1990s Nostalgia trip in order to cope with my mom's death or to run away from the reality of my mom's death. Right now I'm not even sure. All I know is that clinging to this things of my childhood and teenage years is what's helping me stay relatively sane. Sure I enjoy some mothering things but at the end of the day I keep coming back for the older stuff, the things I grew up with. I suppose that's why my brain cannot fully cope with the idea that Miley Cyrus is 31. Or is that Elizabeth Olsen is younger than the Olsen twins.

Like when I'm watching Saved by the Bell reruns, there's a part of me that is aware that screeches dead but at the same time there's another part of my brain screaming lalalala I can't hear you lalalala! This weird time compression between 2005 and current year can be scary at times.

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment