Nov 9, 2023

It came from the Toy Chest: I'm almost done with this line.

 

Back in 2019 or early 2020, I bought these... or technically got for free between multiple discounts, clearance, and Shop your way rewards two divas that now I know as Sasha Banks (who I think appeared in an episode of The Mandalorian) and Bayley. I was supposed to butcher them and turn them into eternian civilians. Laziness got the best part of me and they were spared. Then Super 7 made Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I decided that I was going to use some of them as spare interns to be in the background while I also was going to make other customs. Since I don't know where the Channel 6 staff lies with Super 7 my desire to modify this set of figures waned. I still got other figures and I realize that they could still be background characters.


But with me working on Rise of the MuTeens, some of these figures  will be used on the MuTeens display. Just need to figure out how to make SyBertError... Natsumi will probably be a Shapeways body with some sculpted elements dyed black... since she's a living shadow. 

So far Not all of the stylized Divas from this Action Doll line have a counterpart. Some do.  I mentioned on my Smokers rant, that I would probably getting some realistic divas to show the stylistic difference as the dolls are Fans cosplaying instead of being the divas themselves. 


Articulation 
These have articulation close to WWE Basic figures, which is almost MOTUC Compatible. 
But my only real nitpick on these is the lack of ankle articulation, since Wrestling figures should be Super Articulated.
3.5
Alicia: Hi! I'm Alicia!
Chloe: Why is this second grader talking to us.
Ramona: Chloe, she's in our class and our partner for the science project.
Bianca: Listen, Fun Size, don't address Chloe directly until she allows you to. You want to speak, you tell me and Chloe will tell me her answer.
Chloe: Tell the tiny nerd to do the the usual and tell Ramona she's off the team. Call Tina and tell her she's back.
Bianca: Ramona, beat it. You're no longer one of us. Now, Alicia, you're doing the project on your own. Add our names and give me a cliff's notes on it. Otherwise, Welcome to Hell...


Paint and sculpt
I believe the girls Department was heavily involved in the making of these. The faces are too stylized in almost a doll like look. They look far prettier than their realistoc cointerparts... Except Natalya.  She almost looks a bit alien. Reminds me of a friend, or should I say former friend who was a bit of a jerk... Also the articulation is slightly Limited due to the doll mentality. The fact that these are supposed to be wrestlers was almost forgotten for half of the characters. Despite looking like they have the same body, they actually have lots of unique parts, which is actually kind of weird. I mean this is mattel, they love their part we use and here there's very little of it. Perhaps the bear arms are the only body parts that are reusing maybe the bare thighs for the ones wearing long pants. Sadly in some cases the paint can be a bit sloppy but in general there is very little slop on them.
4.0
Nick (Pepe le Pew voice): Hon hon hon! My sweet Penelope, Kiss me, my dear, and I will reveal my croissant. I will spread your pate. I will dip my ladle in your vichyssoise...
Barbara: The Mask? I was expecting a Metal Gear reference like: (Bad Snake Impression) Is your codename Snake Eater, I have a Solid Snake you can eat until it becomes LIQUIIIIIIIIIIID!
Nick: I wouldn't say that! I'd use a Final Fantasy VII reference like; Mother, the flower girl is making me feel weird in my pants. I feel like penetrating her from behind with my sword. That's not what I meant! Mother STOP!!
Barbara: Mmmm! Can't wait until my Birthday in three months!
Alicia: NIIIIIIICK! CAN'T YOU AND COW GO BE PERVERTED SOMEWHERE ELSE!?
Nick: Licia, don't call Babs "cow" it's not nice. How would you like it if she called you, "shrimp"?
Babs: It's OK. I kinda like the Cow nickname.
Alicia: No!! You're not supposed to like it! You're supposed to feel bad about your huge udders, cow!!
Barbara: Oh, I see. You're jealous of my boobs, btw they aren't that big. Tell you what let's ask Nick whose boobs he likes best!
Alicia: He's gonna say yours. 
Nick: Don't get me involved.
Barbara: You have to answer the question Nick.
Alicia: I'm not gonna win but you can't back away, Nick!!
Nick: Oh no! Anything I say will be used against me. If I choose one, the other will get mad. If I say it's the girl that matters, you'll want m to pick best girl. I love you two too much to choose!
Barbara and Alicia: He said he loves me D'awww!


Accessories
Nothing, zilch, nada, the big goose egg!
N/A
Alicia: Cugina Carlotta!
Carlotta: Cugina Alicia. Potremmo parlare inglese? Ho bisogno di praticare la lingua.
Alicia: Bene. Più tardi parliamo italiano così posso praticare la lingua.
Carlotta: You got it Dude!
Alicia: Just say OK. If you say it like that, the idiot will show up. He loves TV references almost as much as videogames.
Carlotta: l'idiota? Niccolò? Hai ancora una cotta per il tuo fratellastro?
Alicia: What happened to We speak English now?
Carlotta: He... doesn't speak Italian... doesn't he.
Alicia: Ma l'idiota parla lo spagnolo. Tu sai che quella lingua e similare a la nostra. 
Nick VO (bad Marlon Brando impression: Carlotta, Carlotta You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married and you ask me to do murder - for money. Live as one of them, Kal-El
Discover where you strength and your power are needed
Always hold in your heart the pride of your special heritage
They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be
They only lack the light to show the way
For this reason above all, their capacity for good,
I have sent them you, my only son. Horror has a face and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies.
Carlotta: That is Marlon Brando! Just because I sm Italian, does not mean You have to reference a mobster movie. Superman and Apocalypse now. Did I win?
Alicia: Why do you smell like you almost drown in Febreze?
Carlotta: Ho visto cose cui non crederesti, Piccolina.

Overall
The non-Nikki Bella figures (I got a spare from the playset that came with a Baseball cap and a championship belt.) 
Get a 3.75 but then again, I was only reviewing Natalya, Becky and Charlotte. Honestly, I might get a second Bayley to repaint for Ashley's digitized version. By the way Chapter 2 is out.

No comments:

Post a Comment