Jan 3, 2013

Wait what the!? Topanga!?

Yup, you read right... Topanga... Why Topanga? Because if I mention Cory, you're going to be huh? and I think I've overused Mr. Feeny...

Yes, I'm talking Boy Meets World... Why? Apparently there is a sequel/spin-off show called Girl Meets World. I found out thanks to Yahoo! making a Child Stars "where are they now" news story. I originally was going to go with a what the heck happened to Lark Voorhies? post, but it's possible that she has a disease that is why she looks off. The cynic in me wants to say something, but out of thanks for being part of a show that entertained me for years, I won't.
So, back to main topic... Boy Meets World Sequel starring Cory and Topanga's Daughter...
First red flag... The show is NOT about Cory. It's about his daughter, which means that Cory is taking the back seat... So, those of you expecting it to be a NEW season of Boy Meets World will be Disappointed.

Second Red Flag: It's a Disney Channel show... Wait... Mr. Hannah Montana Fan is complaining about Disney Channel? Yes, Yes I am... Have YOU SEEN RECENT DISNEY SHOWS? (Including my beloved Hannah)
Adults are STUPID in Disney Channel Comedies... I think that if Eric shows up he'd be a mess... Think Final BMW Season Eric but taking it up a few notches... Heck! that would make any character played by Jerry Trainor seem sane... We can't have NORMAL Adults on Disney Channel Comedies... So, No Alan and Amy-Esque Parents for The Topangaborn...

Third Red Flag: Disney Channel Tween Star...






All these girls had/have their own Disney Channel Show... Conveniently, they Sing... So, I'm 85% certain that the Topangaborn will be a Singer. There is nothing bad with having a multi-talented kid... What worries me is that the Disney Overlords will probably try to shove down the kid's singing abilities INTO the show... Which would kinda distract us from the whole Boy Meets World "Atmosphere" it must create since it's in the same universe as Boy Meets World... (Sadly the BMWverse tends to break the 4th Wall every now and then.)

I seriously hope that this show tries to keep the Feel, but at the same time I fear it will be TOO Different... Like comparing Hippie Topanga vs Normal Adult Topanga... (Hopefully Topanga will not have a Hippie regression)



That's what we want and that's what we WON'T GET! Especially if it's on the NORMAL Disney Channel, not ABC...

No comments:

Post a Comment