Oct 14, 2017

It came from the toy Chest: Selling NERF guns to terrorists is bad.

Before you change the channel quickly, you might have guessed the reference.
Of Course! You know that I LOVE STREET FIGHTER (the games and the Raul JuliĆ” movie. Legend of Lana Lang never happened.)
Yes, I have Ken Masters... And he arrived a bit earlier than the teaser by Storm Collectibles.

Articulation:
Ken sports the same articulation as Ryu, which makes sense. While Ryu's articulation is slightly hindered by the top of his gi, Ken suffers the same problem. The limitation is not that great but it's funny to point out that the top of their gi hinders articulation whether hanging or worn properly. His ponytail is super articulated...
5.0

Paint and Sculpt:
The sculpt is superb, he looks as he should... and that includes the awful banana hair. The paintjob is really well done with no visible sloppiness. As with Ryu, the Hadoken can chip off paint off Ken's hands.
4.0







Accessories:
-SFV stand
-2 extra face plates
-2 extra banana bangs
Hadoken (flaming red, cause Ken)
Fiery Shoryuken effect
Guren Enjinkyaku effects
6 extra hands
I can only give him a 5.0



Ken: Objection!
Ryu: WTF!? Why do you
have bananas on your head.
Ken: That's my new do.
Ryu: That's worse than the time we
tried to sell NERF guns to Shadaloo.
Overall:
Mr. Masters gets a 4.67 as his final score. So much for trying to differentiate himself from Ryu. I am kinda jealous of the amount of effects Ken has going on. He would be a superior figure to Ryu if we only look at accessories. If we look at the bigger picture both figures are really great, but suffer from the same issues. Hopefully Bison will be godly.



I hate having to do reviews on a phone... Now I shall wait for Tuesday...

2 comments:

  1. can you post some pictures of them next to your motuc? I was thinking of getting some, but I only buy stuff that's in scale to he-man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once my M.Bison arrives, I'll sneak in a MOTUC figure to compare sizes. All I know is that Zangief is Huuuge and I'll be buying one once this month's bills are paid.

      Delete