Mar 28, 2018

It came from the Toy Chest: The fight is all...

I hope that you're thinking of Ryu. BECAUSE I am reviewing Ryu... Figuarts version. I know I kinda dissed the Figuarts version when I reviewed the Storm Collectibles version. I still believe Storm Collectibles is the superior version, but there's a reason Why I bought the Figuarts...

Since Sakura is being made for Figuarts and she's my Street Fighter waifu, I kinda needed Ryu. So here we are.

Articulation:
This one is a bit strange. Reminds me a bit of the D-ARTS Terry. The less we talk about him the better. But at the same time it's been improved. The range is there, but it feels awkward.
5.0

Paint and Sculpt:
While he's mostly inspired by V, he feels like a hybrid of 2,3,4,5. Kinda like an "essence of Ryu" but not a specific Ryu. Also when compared to Storm Collectibles, this Ryu feels a bit off.
4.5

Accessories:
Here's where Ryu fails.
-2 heads
-2 extra hands
-Hadoken + stand
-2 useless cardboard pieces that can't stand up as background.
Just two hands!? He costs the same as Storm Collectibles, but comes with a ton less!?
3.5

Overall:
Ryu gets a 4.33 as his final score. It's not a bad score, but he needed to be 20% cooler. He's lacking that bit of oomph! That would've pushed him over the edge... At least he's compatible with ML and Figma...

No comments:

Post a Comment