Aug 20, 2018

An art print by Noelle Stevenson: The rant...

The LGBTQ showrunner of Nu-She-Ra made an art print for a con.
I'm not going to talk about the style, because this is Stevenson's PERSONAL STYLE and has NOTHING TO DO WITH SHE-RA THE SERIES. I will try to keep the complaints about the HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, AND ABOMINABLE OUTFITS to a minimum. Hell, I'm trying to not mention how her left leg is sprouting from her right leg and there are no signs of a pelvis on She-Ra.

Hell, this might sound off coming from me, but if we ignore the horrible costume designs and the less than optimal style for this type of piece; it almost looks GOOD!
Then again, we have seen THIS IMAGE A THOUSAND TIMES. From Conan to the Whiny Skywalker kid. From He-Man to Bruce Campbell and many many others.

I kinda wish I had a girl who would look at me how "Glimmer" is looking at She-Ra's leg.
Tyrone looks a bit effeminate here. Just look at how he clings to She-Ra. He is literally floating on the cliffside as he hangs on to She-Ra and with his abs to dear life. He is also looking for sailors in the distance. (Yeah, I have Shenmue in my mind right now)

We can now see their boots and bah gawd! They are HORRIBLE!! Tyrone has Vegeta's boots but with a heart shinguard attached to them.
"Glimmer's" look a bit better... but not by much. They look like 'rassling boots. Also, why do She-Ra's boots have a weird Converse vibe to them?

Also, also... Where in blazes is Kowl?

2 comments:

  1. my complaint is that she-ra is clearly bi-sexual & glimmer is a lesbian. it's worse than I thought it would be. as if making bow black was horrible enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would ask for you to please elaborate on this just for the sake of clarification and avoiding giving ammunition to the "defenders" that claim that haters are bigoted.

    I do understand the "gay vibes" emanating from some of the designs. I'm NOT trashing the designs for that. I do it because they don't feel "fantasy" enough.

    ReplyDelete