Aug 27, 2018

It Came From the Toy Chest: We've had Maximum and Minimum. It's time for Average sized Carnage!!

I hinted on the Psylocke/Wolverine ICFTTC that I had Typhoid Mary from the Venom Wave... Well, I have a few figures from that Wave. Based on the title alone, you should know who I'm about to review, but here's an obvious musical hint:


Cletus Kasady, the human host to the Venomspawn Carnage. Messed up individual with a penchant for violence. Add a child of Venom and you get a super murdery symbiotic menace!





Before I head for the review, I must point out that I repainted my Carnage because NONE of the Hasbro Carnages have the correct 90s Black to red proportions on the symbiotes. Also, I'm more of a fan of TEXTURE in my Carnage, which is why the TOYBIZ SMC Carnage has a soft spot in my heart, even if it lacks the extra tendrils or the Weaponized hands. (That can be fixed with Plasti dip, paint and some bendy wires...) But here's the thing:
before the paintjob... Look at all those fully red pieces!
They NEED MORE BLACK!!
It seems this Carnage was a reissue of the Ultimate Norman Carnage, but with extra bits. I wasn't BACK BACK into ML back then, so I may have not paid attention to him if he was around.
So I painted his hands and a few bits on his body to reduce the red a bit.

Spidey: There's no need for you to do this, Kasady...
Carnage: Oh, I KNOW... I JUST WANT TO!!
Articulation:
We already know the drill here. I think Carnage is in the Captain Bucky buck. We know the Articulation is good. PERSONALLY, I would've liked the pectoral butterfly articulation because it would make for cooler poses.
4.5

Paint and sculpt:
I already talked about the sculpt in the intro and on the articulation so I won't go into details here. Reuses a previous Hasbro Carnage buck, not the textured ToyBiz buck.
Carnage: Come on, Hero! I wanna AXE YOU something!!
My main issue with the paint work is that it's TOO CLEAN and ORGANIZED for the chaotic nature of Carnage. I had to drink 32 ounces of coffee to get enough caffeine jitters to paint erratic line work on him... nah. My hands are already shaky as hell without the coffee.
On a normal figure he'd get a 5.0 due to the crisp paintwork. Here I'd rate him a lot lower BUT those are my biases talking.

Accessories:
BAF Piece
2 Extra hands
Extra head
Removable piece with tendrils on the back

He's got  a reasonable amount of accessories. 5.0


Carnage: STOP DODGING! WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?
Overall:
Uncle Cletus gets a 4.83 as his final score. On my point system, this is the closest one can get to a perfect. If I had been more inclined to use my biases, he would have scored lower... But being objective is a curse.
All we need is a doppelganger and Shriek.

No comments:

Post a Comment