Aug 4, 2018

Looking back on The Original Street Fighter... Punching those buttons was hard.

I only played The Original Street Fighter twice in my life. Once at a small mom and pop pizza place. This one had the 2 Button set up where how hard you hit determined how strong your attack was.
The second time was in an amusement park that no longer exists: Felicilandia... and that one had the 6 button layout. This was after SFII and it made me dislike the original game...
20-odd years later I still detest the game and the Anniversary collection reminded me why...
The opponents can beat you in 4 blows and you need to hit them 8-12 times.

Pulling out the special moves...

so you get where I'm going at:


Nooot exactly. Yes, it's super unpolished, yes it has SNK levels of

I was going to say unfairness, but that works.
Thing is that if it wasn't for this game, the far superior Street Fighter 2 wouldn't exist... If SFII hadn't existed, the fighting game genre might not have been the same.

The original is the original, but maybe now that Capcom is taking the whole storyline thing seriously, they should consider making an "enhanced version of 1" If just to make all the SF1 characters playable somehow.

Mad respect to OGSF

No comments:

Post a Comment