Oct 28, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

And no I'm not talking about the song...

I'm just referencing the fact that since mid-September most stores have dispatched the Halloween stuff and the Christmas stuff has begun to creep. Now that we're 3 days from Halloween, Christmas Decorations are beating the crap out of Halloween stuff. Seriously,  I saw a Jack-O-Lantern AND a Christmas tree no less than 2 feet apart. (The employees were moving the Halloween stuff to the Clearance section but the items WERE NOT on Clearance...) They're setting up Christmas stuff way too early. I mean, I don't mind it when Christmas stuff shows near Thanksgiving... but this year, Christmas has been creeping up since September... That's messed up... Unless you're Filipino... Cause then this is normal for you... I thought that Puerto Rico had a really LONG Christmas Season (Black Friday till January 20-something), but The Philippines kicked our asses in Christmas Holiday length  The window for me to check Halloween stuff for Materials and pieces for Dioramas was REALLY TINY this year... Then again, I'll have a Micro-Christmas with the October Matty stuff... when it arrives!!

Scarlett Johansson is not amused... Cause she was in one
of the crappy ones...
At Least TV has kept the October scary stuff... CRAP ON A STICK!! They're showing a bunch of Christmas stuff too! I'm not talking of simply reruns of tv series with their Christmas episode being accidentally slotted in. Christmas movies, the reruns, etc. The only movies I've not seen are the Home Alone movies, well, the good ones... you know the ones, with Macaulay Culkin... You know, the ones that DO NOT SUCK!!
But seriously, abcFamily LOVES to show Home Alone around Christmas time... surprised they haven't yet...



I love Christmas, it's been my favorite Holiday since forever. There's something in the air that makes it Magical, but right now, it's the HALLOWEEN SEASON!! I need my scary stuff and an excuse to volunteer to help trick-or-treating groups cause...

Sadly, this year has made Halloween so insignificant that it hasn't happened yet, but people are acting as if it already passed. Now with Christmas being shoved so Early I'm afraid that we may encounter THIS before Christmas...

I know I'm in a hurry to get Glimmer, but this is borderline ridiculous!! I'll leave you with an oldie but a goodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment