Oct 19, 2013

Lou Scheimer has passed away...

October 17, 2013: Lou Scheimer passed away. October 19, 2013 was Lou's Birthday...

so, who was Lou Scheimer?

Pretty much this: Filmation = Lou Scheimer...
Which means, a HUGE CHUNK of My Childhood memories exist thanks to him: Including things before my time that I was able to see thanks to the magic of Syndication...




and Obviously, the BIG TWO:



While Filmation is often criticized for abusing shortcuts/cutting corners, reusing the heck out of stock animation and shots; they DID keep everything in the US... Also, MOST of the morals weren't as preachy as the PSAs in other cartoons.


The thing is that I never knew Lou Scheimer personally, but his death struck me like a close friend had died. It actually hurts inside. This is coming from a fan of his work particularly He-Man and She-Ra...
His work was not simply entertainment, but he tried to educate the audience as well, with morals like the fables of the past. The values that the Filmation team instilled in me complemented the values instilled by my family and made me a better human being. The world needs more people like Lou Scheimer.
If it hurts me THIS MUCH, (coming from a lowly fan of his work since childhood) I don't want to know how much it must hurt to those who were actually close to him.
What else can I say? Thanks for the memories and that my prayers and best wishes to his relatives.

BTW Light Hope was Lou Scheimer, as well as Mantenna, Swift Wind, Orko, Randor, Kowl and many others... This is what I mean when a huge chunk of my childhood memories exist thanks to him...



as they said in the Masters of the Universe movie... Good Journey, Lou!!

No comments:

Post a Comment