Nov 6, 2017

It came from the Toy Chest: Forever lost in the Friendzone

Finally one of the Lords of the Friendzone has come out of the Toy Chest. I am talking of a kindred soul, the Eternally Lost Boy, the echo of a good fang. Half man, half bacon seed... I am talking, of course, of the closest thing to a nice guy in Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma 1/2... My homie Ryoga.

Who is he? Ranma's best friend and rival, who is cursed with the curse of the drowned piglet and a horrible sense of direction. Not to mention being as deep in the Friendzone as yours truly... Or Bow, or Jorah Mormont, or Severus Snape. No really, there is a Boulevard in the Friendzone with my name on it. I believe they are rechristening the public Library with my name as well. Well, Ryoga has an Avenue in the Friendzone with his name on it, a football stadium and a school as well. He's like:"How deep in the Friendzone am I? Bitch, I AM the Friendzone!!"

While he is madly in love with Akane's, he's socially awkward as heck. Having the curse of the drowned piglet doesn't help much.  But We shall not talk about P-Chan here, since this is the Ryoga review and he didn't come with P-Chan.

Articulation:
It's similar to that of Male Ranma's, though the shoulders seem to have a slightly better range. Posing for the Shishi Hokodan is impossible with his backpack. You can do it without it. If you buy the breaking stone effect you can complement the Bakusai Tenketsu.
5.0

Paint and Sculpt:
Much like Ranma and the others, the paint and Sculpt match the anime counterpart. Everything I've mentioned on Ranma's applies to Ryoga here.
5.0

Accessories:
Ryoga has MORE stuff than Ranma.
-Backpack with 2 top pieces (one with loops for the umbrella and one without the loops)
-His umbrella. Only in closed position, sadly.
-stand with an alternative piece to attach the backpack.
-3 extra faceplates
-13 extra hands, one is carrying a present for Akane.
5.0 is fair enough for him. I would've preferred an extra umbrella and P-Chan, but it is what it is.

Overall:
5.0 is The final score for Ryoga. I still wish we could've gotten a bit more stuff, but he has plenty and is a pretty well made figure. Most of my Ranma wants have been made. I just need a few more...


No comments:

Post a Comment