Nov 29, 2017

Visual novels and phones...

It's like a Peanut butter and chocolate combo. There is "not much gameplay involved"... I should clarify: I mean ACTIVE gameplay, like say Street Fighter or Contra.
Unlike those games that require multiple button combinations to play, visual novels are easier on the touch screen. And there seem to be plenty of apps for it

I've been messing around with two apps: Choices being one of them and the other is Episode. Both have their ups and downs.
They both rely on a timer blocking you from playing as much as you like unless you fork out some cash. Some choices require you to pay in "tokens" in order to use them, but these "tokens" (usually gems) can only be obtained by completing chapters, or paying money. This would limit your options if you don't pay.

The difference between them is that Episode feels more like interactive fanfics for girls. Choices seems to have more original content and it seems to be geared for a more general audience that includes dudes. Translation: They have adventure stories.

I don't know how many of these apps are, but I hope I can find one that has more focus on action, thirller, mystery, and adventure stories, because most focus on romance. I'm getting tired of playing teen girl falls for bad boy stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment