Nov 14, 2017

It came from the toy chest: I still don't get Hojo's plan.

I am of course talking about the making a Cetra with a long life span. The internet didn't disappoint and has shown me a lot of pictures of Hojo's plan in action. Yes I am talking about Aerith Rule 34 pics with Nanaki. Now that I mention Red XIII's real name, let's talk Nanaki. No he is not a crappy Anakin anagram. Nanaki is Nanaki.
Lion dog thing from FFVII that survives 500 years after the game. I gots me a figure of him. Let's talk Nanaki. (Fun fact: this figure was ordered way long after the Power Con ítems shipped. Seems like the PC figs are MIA, damn Maria. Bonus fact my first TV died when I reached Cosmo Canyon.)

Articulation:
The articulation is very similar to a MOTUC cat, but in a very Japanese way. Sadly, some of the joints are SUPER STIFF and I won't risk it. This is the part where someone tries to say that the Play Arts Kai Advent Children Red XIII is better. To them I reply: Cait Sith...
3.5
Paint and Sculpt:
The Sculpt is decent, for a Red XIII from FFVII and NOT Advent Children... There's no real difference other than Cait Sith. The AC Nanaki is a thousand miles better than the one I got, but Cait Sith. Just like AC Yuffie is better than VII Yuffie, but I bought the lesser Yuffie (and Tifa) the OG game look was a deciding factor... Or in this case...
4.5

Accessories:
Eallyray Igganay? I've been Mentioning the accessory throughout the whole review. It's HALF ANOTHER CHARACTER. The articulation on Cait Sith is very limited due to him being a small add-on (and that Play Arts didn't want to do the stuffed Moogle body.)  He comes with an extra hand without the Megaphone, which I won't try to swap due to this being an old figure from a discontinued line.
4.0

Overall:
Red XIII and Cait Sith get a 4.0 as their final score. All that's left is Remake Barret and pray for a remake Cid. BTW, my FFVII Figures are still in storage, hence the lack of group shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment