Aug 23, 2017

I will NOT Review Ducktales 2017

You heard me... or read me, since I am not speaking, but writing... or wrote this and you are now reading it. As I said before in written form I WILL NOT REVIEW Ducktales 2017.

I saw it, it was pretty good, but there isn't much that I can say about it that hasn't been covered before.
If you wanted to know what a Duck version of
 Peter Griffin
would look like, look no further.
The stylized look is not the best, especially on the triplets and Webby, but it's functional. Also Mrs. Beakley kinda looks familiar.

Blackface, Woohoo? Wait, NO! Just No!
Speaking of Webby... She is totally NOT MABEL PINES... No really, she is not. She's more socially awkward, but everything else is similar to Mabel but "not the same"... a bit better than "Girl" duck.

I'm not going to mention that this series is like the amalgamation of past iterations of the Duck Universe. A little of Carl Barks Duck Universe, the 1980s series, etc. I will not comment that it's awesome to have some decent amount of Donald, like in the vintage comics that inspired Duck Tales... Not to mention that Donald is my favorite Disney Character (Aside Kingdom Hearts. That's the only version of Donald that I HATE). Donald even has his Classic Donald Tantrums.

I will not comment on how nice it is that each of the nephews seem to have their own personality. I do miss them being Junior Woodchucks (maybe it'll be something in future episodes). I will not mention the St. Canard, Cape Suzette references, nor the bunch of Easter Eggs to the older Duck Universe...

I am a bit disappointed that we may never see a rebooted version of
Yes, I kinda miss El Capitán from the 5 part pilot of the Original Cartoon series. We saw a Golden Sun on Scrooge's Garage, so no El Capitán for us.

The Episode in a nutshell: Donald is getting a new job and has no choice but to leave his nephews with Scrooge McDuck. The Triplets bruise Scrooge's ego and get grounded. There they meet Mabel Pines Duckified and they accidentally wreak some havoc. Scrooge gets an adventure boner and takes the kids to Atlantis. Donald accidentally ends up working for Glomgold and goes to Atlantis as well.
The main players go through traps and find the treasure. When Glomgold thinks he has won, Scrooge takes victory from the jaws of defeat. Now Scrooge McDuck is back with Family and will solve mysteries and rewrite history... The Triplets' mother was an adventurer too!

I could go around mentioning that the series feels pretty smart for a Disney XD show, or that it's a love letter to past media that tries to improve on the short comings from the past. The meain reason I will not review it is that I no longer have access to Disney XD and with Disney pulling out from Netflix, I'll miss out on this great show. D'oh! I kinda reviewed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment