Aug 23, 2017

It Came from the Toy chest: Super7 Has the Power?

Now it's He-Man's Turn to come out of the Toy Chest once again... Insert lame ass He-Man is gay joke because I said it's He-Man's turn to come out... So, who is He-Man?
Well he's my first Hero, the main character of the First Toy Line I collected as a child, one of the main topics for me to rant about here... He also was my SECOND MOTUC Ever back in the Mattycollector days.

It makes me feel a bit nostalgic... mainly because back then I was only interested in the core core core characters...
Something along the lines of getting more or less the following:
He-Man
Teela
Man-at-Arms
Stratos
Man-e-Faces
Orko
Sorceress
Skeletor
Evil Lyn
Beastman
Trap Jaw
Tri-Klops
Merman
Battle Cat
Panthor
Hordak
She-Ra
Prince Adam

We all know how that plan went... So here's the ratings part...

Articulation:
This is Literally 2008's MOTUC He-Man with Correctly assembled Shoulders and the slightly more limited Ankle movement from the Vikor boots, but stiffer ankles means less shelf dives from him.
4.5

Paint and sculpt:
Again, Literally 2008 He-Man + The Oolar Heads. The paintjob is similar to normal He-Man. The bracers are a bit darker due to the brown used on them and the belt. the Loincloth SEEMS a bit brighter due to the dark belts, but I think it's a similar color. The hair is darker than the Mattel He-Man.
5.0
Accessories:
Aside the shield all of his weapons came out Warped... How Warped? Well, they yelled WOAH! when I released them.
Power Sword
Alcala Power Sword
Power Sword half (OG version not the Santa KG Improved Version) So warped it has stress marks on the handle.
Shield
Battle Ax
Alcala Head
MOTUC Head

It's hard not to give the accessories a 5.0 due to the sheer amount, BUT the heavily warped weapons tempted me to dock a percentage. Luckily the handy dandy hairdryer fixed the issue. Also, why are the factory workers Gluing ONE SIDE of the Harness?

Overall:
He-Man gets a 4.83 due to some minor cosmetic changes making him slightly more appealing than its 2009 reissue. Aside the warped weapons, there's no real huge issues for me to gripe about. Unlike Teela, swapping heads for him was easy as pie and the heads were slightly more pliable than Teela's. I still wish the package was resealable...






No comments:

Post a Comment