Aug 21, 2017

It Came from the Toy Chest: Goddammit Barry!

I'm talking about the Dark Knight Strikes Again Flash that is exclusive to Walgreens... Went for some Preparation H and ended up with The Flash, The Atom and Bruce Wayne's head. I have to admit that I got him mostly because of The Atom (damn you to hell Brandon Routh) and Bruce Wayne's head. I haven't read TDKSA so, I don't care if Lex Luthor had Flash in a sort of Hamster Wheel to power up America until he was released by the Dark Knight and company.
I much less care for The Flash in a swimsuit from either the late 1800s. Also, check out those Platform shoes that Barry is wearing (The only new pieces on him)





Articulation:
Literally a normal DCUC Figure Articulation. I think this figure uses the entire Flash buck minus the feet to make him almost as tall as a MOTUC... I'm commenting a bit on the sculpt here because of the articulation. Unlike the NORMAL FLASH, this Barry has an issue with his ankles. Big boot-like sneakers don't let him pose in a decent running pose. He looks clumsier than normal Barry, but you'd think his heavy feet give him a bit more support to stand in the running pose... WRONG!!
3.5

Paint and sculpt:
As I mentioned he's a retread of normal Flash but with platform shoes to look almost as tall as a MOTUC. The tampos are lazily applied and look bad. Black plastic biceps and knees have a bit of flesh tones flaking off. some of the yellow of his boot is bleeding unto the flesh colored shins.
3.5

Accessories:
Tiny Atom and Bruce Wayne Head meant to be used on Normal Batman.
The Atom is a statue. Badly applied paints are almost forgivable on it due to the size.
The Star of the show is the Old Man Bruce Wayne head and I have issues with it...
The sculpt on it does NOT MATCH ANY OF THE TDKR BATMAN Figures.
The Wayne head is too bloated for the normal Batman buck. Also, it looks too thin compared to the head of the Armored Batman buck. (FYI, if you want to use the head on the armored buck; you must warm the armored head with a blow dryer for a minute or 2. Then carefully remove it. Once it's removed, you must cut the lip the head has with an exacto knife. Yes, just like Superman.)
2.0
Is it me or does the head resemble an older
Michael Keaton?


Overall:
Flash gets a 3.0 as his final score. I got to be honest here and say the Wayne head and Atom were the biggest influences to get him. But now that I have the Wayne Head, I'm thinking of using it for a MOTUC Custom THAN to use it as a Bruce Head... Third party casts of that head would be VERY Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment