Jul 4, 2018

Megaman Toylines are doomed to fail.

No, I won't be gentle here. They really are doomed to fail, whether it's classic or X, they are DOOMED!

Let's begin with the most obvious reason:
78 robot masters (counting to 10 without the two extra masters from Powered Up). 1 Megaman (you could milk 2 more if we use the Rush Super Adapter Armors from 6 and 7) 2 Bass, 2 Roll, 1 Protoman, 1 Dr. Light, and 1 Dr. Wahwee. And that's keeping the roster as core as possible with no Mr. X disguise Wahwee, no Alien Wahwee, no Dr. Cossack, no Kalinka, or the 78 Megaman recolors... and at least classic has the option for parts reuse... something that the X series cannot.

Maybe by going with piclinng 2 masters from each game?
But which two? Let's take Megaman 1 as an example:
Gutsman
Bombman
Cutman
Elecman
Iceman
Fireman
Which ones would you choose?
I can't... worst case scenario I can sacrifice Bomb Man, but that leaves me 5 masters.
Same thing happens with Megaman 2, 3, 4, 5,7, etcetera. I can only sacrifice one or two... Megaman 6 may be the easiest, because most of them sucked ass or were incredibly racist... Tomahawk man, I'm looking at you. (I would only pick Centaur Man and Yamato man from 6)

A Megaman line, at best would work by having Megaman, Roll, Protoman, Bass, Drs. Light and Wahwee as a bare minimum.

For X, well, X, Zero, Vile, Sigma, (white) Armored X as a bare minimum maybe a Dr. Light Capsule as an added incentive.

But they would feel incomplete without jet stingray, duff mcwhalen, spark mandril, etc.

As much as I would like them, I must face the truth... a true Megaman line is practically impossible...

No comments:

Post a Comment