Jul 7, 2018

Sad day, True Believers... Spidey's co-creator has passed away...

No, not Stan Lee. I'm talking about Steve Ditko. The other dad of Spider-Man... and Doc Ock. He also did The Question and the Creeper for DC Comics and... Hory Shet! SQUIRREL GIRL!?
Steve Ditko was the least talked about half of Spidey's creation. They say he was like the J.D. Salinger of comics. Other more nefariois rumors say that he was pushed into the darkness by someone who yells the word that means: softwood shavings used for packing fragile goods or stuffing furniture. Nuff said! about that...

Normally this is where I'd say my condolences to the family but it seems that Mr. Ditko lived a solitary life.
I kinda relate to that. I didn't even do a Haley Joel Osment sees dead people reference... I guess that it took me a while to digest this nit of news... in any case: Thank you Mr.Ditko for co-creating Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus, my favorite Marvel Superhero and Supervillain.

Now for the hard pill to swallow. We have lost Shuster and Siegel, Bob Kane, Bill Finger, Jack Kirby, now Steve Ditko...
Soon I may be forced to write about Stan Lee being Gone...
That scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment