Jul 30, 2018

Street Fighter 30th anniversary... the rant.

I think we should look back at this anthology, just like I did with MEGAMAN. Review the anthology as a game... with local vs because I don't do online. Most of the reviews will be single player based, because asocial gamer... Now Street Fighter I have a better attachment to it than Mega Man... EVERYONE back in the day played SF... Not MK, Not KOF, not Fatal Fury, not Art of Fighting... SFII and the multiple versions was where it was. Whether the arcade, the SNES, TG16, Playstation. Pretty much since 1991 to this day, I've had access to a Street Fighter game (mainly SFII)... I play mostly for fun. I'm not a pro or anything like that. Far from it.

I haven't gotten through ALL 12 games for this first look... Just tried SF, one of the Alphas, one of the IIs and one of the IIIs... Before you ask: Yes, I used the same character in ALL games because THAT character is like the "control group" in a science experiment... It's not like he's the only playable character in the Original SF... Baka! I also only played VERSIONS OF THE GAMES THAT I HAVE PLAYED IN ARCADES, Pizza places and other places where arcade cabinets that have a Street Fighter game available.

The games FEEL close to the arcade versions... The only real difference is the input with the controller, which is not exactly the same as the arcade. (I personally prefer the PS2 pad or the SNES pad.) Also, the input in original SF is AWFUL!! So far I've only hadoken'd 4 times and 2 shoryukens popped up by mistake. I haven't been able to pull off a tatsumakisenpuukyaku.

The beauty of this is that it "isn't new" it's familiar. Like slipping on a pair of trusty shoes, you know what to expect and it feels great all over. I know I'm nostalgiagasming, but then again, I'm MOSTLY about Nostalgia... I can't seem to let go of the 80s and 90s as they were a much simpler time. This anthology does that... It delivers ALL the Classic 2D Street Fighter goodness in one package. The bonus of The Switch version is Portability... ARCADE SF ON THE GO!! Great for those High School Reunions and stuff!! It's like meeting your high school sweetheart and they haven't changed a thing after all these years...

With all the other versions going around through different eras, this one feels the most complete...

No comments:

Post a Comment