Jul 3, 2023

It came from the toy chest: Where's my shaved Chuck Norris Super 7?

 


I just got my Bruce Lee figure. Specifically The Warrior from Way of the Dragon. Do I even NEED to explain Bruce Lee?
Actor, Martial Artist, Legend... does that rong any bells?

Articulation:
Bruce has articulation in the same style as Silverhawks but the Torso ball joint actually works. While he has a decent range of articulation, the MOTUC-esque articulation doesn't work in his favor.
Needs double knees...

 The lack of butterfly shoulders, double knees and elbows hinders him considerably. If this wasn't a Bruce Lee figure, the articulation would be more than acceptable.
4.0


Paint and sculpt:
Bruce has one of the better likenesses in a Super7 line. It's not 100% accurate, but he looks more like Bruce Lee than the Super7 Andre the Giant looks like Andre. Sadly my Bruce has a slight stain on his left shoulder. It kind of looks like a bruise, which fits with the character.
The paintwork is minimal, lomited to his face and socks.
4.5


Accessories:
Tons of hands (12 extra)
Removable tanktop 
Removable jacket
4 nunchucks
Staff
2 extra heads


My only nitpick is that I cannot properly close the jacket. I will need to buy 2 sets of tweezers to properly close it. There are no bottoms or velcro here I need to pass each nut through each Loop and at that scale with my sausage fingers is ridiculously impossible. The thing is that this isn't a toy problem but at me problem.
5.0


Overall:
The Warrior gets a 4.5 as his final score. Honestly the real issue is that super sevens articulation is not well suited for a character like Bruce Lee. If he had gotten the proper articulation is score would have been 4.83, but B-Flynn prefers aesthetics over articulation.
Now all we need is Chuck Norris and the cat.
I should've gotten the Enter the Dragon fogire from Wave 2 as well...
April: Don't even think about groping me...
Bruce: What the Hell!? I was practicing my taolu before you got in the way.
April: What the fuck is a taolu?
Bruce: My forms, or what the Japanese call kata.
April: Oh why didn't  you-
Bruce: Honk! honk!
April: What the fuck! I didn't even see you move!
Bruce: funny thing is that I slowed my movement down...



No comments:

Post a Comment