Jul 21, 2023

Odds and ends 20-21st of July 2023: SDCC toy news

 Super7's Cat's Lair preorder is live. It has tiered rewards and they suck ass...
Let me clarify:

I'm NOT against this playset. To be honest, I'm sad that I can't afford it at the moment with greater responsibilities that I have to take care of... no point for toys if I'm dead/unemployed/homeless/etc. With that said, the early backer reward for reaching 3000 units sold by Sunday July 30th is kinda lame. A life-sized key of Thundera? But that's the least lame reward... if they sell 4000 preorders we get a lab table (for Tygra?) And A DAGGER MODE SWORD OF OMENS AND RESTING CLAW SHIELD!!
A Resting Claw Shield? We have one of those already, same with the sleeping Sword of Omens... I think Snarf is coming with another set of those too!

Tier 2 is a Translucent "Ass trail" projection Lion-O...
What kind of bullshit IS THAT!? I know that it's a lazy redeco to pad out the value, but they could've done so much better:
Anointed Lion-O, which is Lion-O with a new belt, soft goods cape AND new head... but that requires work. 
Child Lion-O 
He's canon, but again, Too much work!!
I hope Cat's Lair playset makes it, but they should've had better incentives...

Speaking of Super7 and bullshit. Originally we couldn't get vac metal due to the materials or something...
Flynn, you got some splainin' to do! This should not have been revealed until we had gotten Copper Kidd. Right now, there are a moderately sized group of collectors that are royally pissed off about this. I get why they would be horribly pissed off. A part of me WISHES that the Silverhawks we got looked like this but with the toon elements.
Despite preferring cartoon looks over toy looks, I'm more tempted to pick toy Buzzsaw over the toon version. But despite having the big bad Mon*Star and his depowered form. I know They need to get out the Toy Chest... been too busy with Tears of the Kingdom, SF6, and doing some sketches (as in drawings not the comedic ones) for another TMNT rant that has been cooking for over a gew weeks. Where was I? Mon*Star


I mean, there's no real difference between this and the one I have...
They made the ugly depowered head... that is Super Tempting... 

Seriously, what the shit is this!? Please tell me this isn't Wave 4 of Silverhawks...

Syndicate Collectibles is making Bloodsport figures.
ToyArk has tons of pics of the fogures they're making. The question you may be thinking now is:
Who the fuck is Syndicate Collectibles? Well, remember SOTA Toys? Well, Jerry Macaluso, who competed in Sci-Fi Channel's Face Off season 2 is the guy behind SOTA and now Syndicate Collectibles. Hopefully he learned of the mistakes in the latter Street Fighter waves by SOTA and that his Syndicate Collectibles figures don't end up being crap that disintegrates by looking at it wrong.
Their figures will be in 1:12, 1:10, and 1:18 scale... the latter will be competing against Super7 ReAction figures. 
I'm hoping that Double Dragon is in 1:12 scale. Nope! It's 1:10... not compatible with Jada's SF or Premium DNA's Battletoads line.
Bloodsport I can take in 1:12 or 1:10... preferably 1:10
But True Romance is the weirdest choice for a toyline... I know that this is mimicking NECA and Diamond Select's Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction lines, but I'd take an Alabama figure or 2 depending on price in 1:10 scale... if you're thinking that I want random hookers, then you'd be correct. Now here's the thing: Syndicate Collectibles doesn't even have a website... then there's Gary Oldman who is very protective of his likeness... then there's the couple of issues JM had with SOTA and PCS...
I honestly hope this isn't another Shocker Toys.

Mattel accidentally spoiled Revolution...
Meet technovirus infected Skeletor AKA Skeletek. In a previous rant, I believe that the Revolution He-Man with Battle Armor was spoiled.
BBTS or Entertainment Earth are getting an Exclusive Revolution 2-pack of
Orko the Aryan and
Zoardammit! I need this non-Billy Barty Gwildor.

NECA's leaning HARD on the Archie TMNT stuff AND The Last Ronin. But I don't care about that... we may have another Usagi coming.

I like the rolled sleeves look. Gives me 1990s Meiji era anime vibes... but not so sure if I like it enough to get a second Usagi.
This Big Ass Krang is probably for the 1:4 scale line BUT it also works as a Giant Turtles in Time Krang from Big apple 3 A.M.

Moving to Non-Turtle stuff...

I still can't believe the Flash Gordon line's alive!! Now with actual movie versions.

If NECA gets the Ted License they could reuse this body with a new older Sam Jones head in a 3 pack with Mark Whalberg and the eponymous Ted.

Now let's get into another 80s franchise getting new figures... if it just shuts up the "I'm tired of NECA making Turtles and gargoyles" whiny bitches... you're getting your predators and horror movie stuff... I simply don't care much about them, but some stuff IS Coming.

Robocop without Robotic parts is just Cop...
We're getting Cop... as in 1980s Peter Weller but with replacement parts to recreate the death of Alex Murphy.

But back to Turtles, since we're talking movies...
Would you look at that, it's Professor Perry! Then there's a Keno 2pack too! It's no Tatsu, but this IS good enough for me... I'm wondering where's Toon Outfit Judith Hoag?

No comments:

Post a Comment