Jul 3, 2023

With Cat's Lair, one must assume that The Black Pyramid is next

 More specifically Mumm-Ra's tomb fortress as the LJN Toy was called.
Which as you can see here it's kinda lacking when compared to the cartoon.

No scrying pool and missing 2 ancient spirits of evil statues. Yes, I know I touched upon this a while back. Thing is that after seeing the small preview and leaked pics of Cat's Lair, I suspect that IF/WHEN they make Mumm-Ra's Tomb Fortress, it will end up looking like this custom

Minus the Electronics, of course. This custom 3D printed LJN/toon hybrid displayset is 300 bucks... translated to Super7 money it would be like $550 or higher. Like I said on my earlier rant, Castle Plundarr is practically undoable. Even by looking at the schematics from the toon, I can't see how to make a functional playset out of it WHILE Preserving the cartoon aesthetics, which is the appeal of Ultimates. Worst case scenario, Super7 does a LJN variant of Cat's Lair 2 years after people get the Toon version.

All jokes aside, Mumm-Ra's tomb is an obvious diorama piece to display weakened Mumm-Ra.

No comments:

Post a Comment