Dec 23, 2016

It Came from the Toy Chest: I feel so Weak! I need more Plasma!

Instead of having a Nightmare Before Christmas, I've a Nightmarish Toy Review Before Christmas... I saved something far more Evil for Christmas Eve... No... Not Parasite Eve! Besides let's not get ahead of ourselves. I am talking about the It Came From the Toy Chest

Wrong Clip Spike, wrong clip...

I'll allow it, I mean, I make a reference to it on the title. I am of course talking about Morbius: the Living Vampire!! Hasbro's take on the character is a welcome note, especially since pretty much all our Morbius figures from Toy Biz look like THIS:
not my Morbius. Mine looks like Stay Puft at the end of
Ghostbusters.

So, let's talk Morbius: Former Scientist turned into an "Artificial Vampire" (Not via Supernatural means, but by Genetic Alterations in the vein of Spider-Man, or The Lizard) Has been both an ally and a foe to Spider-Man and other characters.

Articulation:
He is decently Articulated and the only Limited Articulation point comes from the hips. You can see how far he can spread his legs on the pic next to a Spidey with Magnetized Feet (early 00s Toy Biz toy)

3.5

Paint and sculpt:
You're tearing me apart, Lisa!!

His sculpt is more reminiscent of Classic Morbius than his Toy Biz Counterpart that had a slight stylized look to him, but due to the action feature, his head was made of a rubbery plastic that melted quite fast. Unlike the Toybiz Figure, this one seems to be made of a Generic Male buck. The paint is minimal. there is no shading aside some weird (ash?) gray wash on his whites.

4.0

Accessories:
This time Morbius has 2 BAF Pieces, the Arms of Absorbing Man. (Might have to get the whole wave to get him.) He also has 2 capes: Flared and unflared. I kinda wish he had gotten a second non-screaming head.

4.0

Overall:
I'm Batman!!
I kinda like the Other Morbius' Body because it was more Unique, but That one was more of a Mutated Morbius than this one. I got to say that the Classic Morbius look is growing on me. morbius gets a 3.83 as his final score. The Articulation REALLY HURT HIM HERE.





























No comments:

Post a Comment