Sep 7, 2014

I think I have a cold... TV WHY!?

It royally sucks. So, this morning as I lied on my bed writhing in agony, I decided to watch Cartoon Network. I saw the unholiest Abomination to ever grace that Network: Scooby Doo Wrestlemania mystery.

That was awful... Not sure which was worse, the Scooby Gang or the WWE...

So, here's the deal with the movie. Vince McMahon owns a city, (un)creatively called WWE City. There's this Ghost bear who attacks Wrestlers and My Favorite Former Real World Cast Member gets Yamcha'd by the bear. the wrestlers are Superhuman. John Cena lifts the Mystery Machine out of a ditch on his own. This makes Rasslin' hater Daphne to become obsessed with Mr. Fruity Pebbles.

We get the run of the Mill Scooby Doo movie formula... but with WWE Wrestlers, and Michael Cole... Having... Smackdown! Just... Bring it! Flashbacks! Did I mention how much I loath Michael Cole's commentating? (Especially on fictional fights) I would have killed to have Jerry Lawler commentating in this and not a 2 second cameo.



The TV airing removes Wrestlemania out of the title, and mentions to the event are called Superstarmania... Which is weird. but they keep the titantron themes for the Superstars... and Vinnie Mac's. Of course they stop it before we learn the No Chance refers to No Chance in the Home For Infinite Losers.

John Cena also speaks Luchador... Meaning Sin Cara is pretty much a Mexican Lassie. We go through the Scooby Doo tropes.

I got to be honest though. I had fun with it, but in a "I can't believe this is happening, Oh The Humanity!" kind of way. I have to be honest, this COULD have worked better in the 1980s where most wrestlers were almost like cartoon characters... Hogan, Taker, Ultimate Warrior, Sgt. Slaughter (who also has a cameo here... Yo Joe!) Santino, Miz, AJ were under used. Hell HFIL! Even Tripple H was underused. There was simply too much Cena in this.

You HAVE to watch this Train wreck!

Also, damn this cold that makes me watch crappy Scooby Movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment