Nov 18, 2014

It Came from the You Chest: Valar Morghulis

Valar dohaeris. I guess I don't need to specify WHO I am reviewing, but I will in order to pad out the introduction to the review.

Arya Stark. I ended up with a wave 2 figure. Bought her online, of course...
I need to point out something right out the bat. She feels less fragile than the wave 1 stuff. They are not using clear pieces for the joints and she doesn't stink like the wave 1 Figures!
Articulation:
Standard fare for GoT Figures. One complaint though. She seems to have some frozen joints. (we've seen this on past figures. Especially the left Thigh Swivel. Other than that, she can be displayed in various cool swordplay poses. Her wrists are a bit loose though.
3.5

Paint and Sculpt:
Little Arya looks a lot like Maisie Williams, which is a good thing since she IS supposed to look like Maisie williams. Paintwise, since this is Arya after Ned's death, where she's posing as Arry, a little boy on his way to the wall, so the dirty look is justified and any slop is forgivable.
Arya: "What do you do to the enemy?"
Jon:"Stab them with the pointy end of my sword."
Arya:"Good. Sex works the same way but instead
you stab them with your OTHER sword."
Jon: "I don't get it..."
5.0

Accessories:
She only has Needle. It's a shame that most GoT figures are stuck with one accessory. Kinda wish the Stark Children could come with direwolves. On a more positive note, her weapon doesn't seem as fragile as some Series 1 figures.
2.5

Overall:
Arya gets a 3.67 as her final score. I like that the figures are sturdier and the end of clear joints. Funko seems to be improving greatly on these figures. Now if the rest of wave 2 would show up in my neck of the woods. (I don't wanna buy these online.)

Now for the "Can I use this with MOTUC?" section. The GoT Figures are NOT in scale with MOTUC, but smaller characters like Arya lend themselves to be customized into characters that would fit. Like Mekaneck's son Philip.

Before anyone asks, yes. That's the answer to did you forget to take pics of her with the Hound?



No comments:

Post a Comment