Jul 8, 2017

A Condorito Movie? What in Tarnation!?

Latin American readers will know Condorito... He's getting a movie and it'll release in October. Now for the rest of you who have no clue what the hell is a Condorito, here's the short explanation.

Condorito is a Chilean Comic that is distributed throughout Latin America. It's about this Anthropomorphic Condor who lives in a (fictional) town with humans. I want to call it a slice of life series, but with very little (if not zero) continuity and all the characters being props for jokes. Each story is basically a joke full of double entendres and other gags that children may not get them, but adults will.

I'm asking myself WHY? as in WHY is this happening? but I AM GOING TO SEE IT... You see, I have a special connection with Condorito... well Had. I haven't seen a magazine in ages... but I'll elaborate. Ever since I was a small child, I used to spend my summers with my grandparents. They usually bought me Condorito Magazines, because they were cheap, entertaining, and they could also get some throughout the rest of the year and have various stacks when I went on the summers. Sadly they passed away many years ago... and you could kinda guess when I stopped reading the comics.



I saw a poster for this on Thursday when I went to see Spider-Man: Homecoming (review will be up in a few days... giving time for people to see it before I spoil it. Also, I had to sit through not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4! Trailers for Dunkirk... No, I will NOT watch it... out of principle. Had it had been 1 trailer, I would've watched it. 4 trailers made me say NO!! Don't care if it has Christopher Nolan involved, 4 trailers on the same day while waiting for 1 movie is way too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment