Jul 14, 2017

It Came from the Toy chest: PRCC2017 Statue of Egocentrism...

So, way back in the past, I mentioned that I ordered a 3D Printed Statue of Myself. Well, it Finally arrived and here it is in all its glory...
Now the real question I've been asking myself: Should I paint it in realistic colors, as in mimicking my clothes for real, or should I paint it in shades of Turquoise and green with some tan accents mimicking an Ancient Fortress of Mystery... Cause I'm totally putting the statue of myself inside Castle Grayskull...
Now if someone has the Decoder of Eternian Glyphs to their English Alphabet Counterparts, it would be perfect so I can make a plaque for my statue... Something something a forgotten Hero of Grayskull.

Now that I finally unboxed it... Grayskull colors it is... I'm mildly underwhelmed by it. I don't want to sound like I'm whining, but there are a few issues with the statue. I already contacted the company and my actions will depend on their reply. And they replied to me as I was writing this. The option available was to send it back and they'd fill in the gaps, which TBH, it's something I can do on my own. My message was more to let them know that a mildly flawed model slipped through. Cause, let's face it... That's too much of a hassle when I can do it... All these years of fixing Matty screwups amirite?

On the Statue...
When looked from the front you cannot see the main issue, which is mostly on the top layers, where the plastic fibers didn't cover some areas properly. These are the issues I mentioned above.
While I could Theoretically fix them, I shouldn't have to. A bad print is a bad print.
Also it's odd... It detected the armband for the con, my cellphone in my pocket, my wallet in my back right pocket, the Twilight Sparkle pin on my shirt but most of my hairline is MIA, my goatee is virtually non-existent. That 3D scan was a bit random...

As you can see, the Statue is 8 inches tall... Way taller than the Warcraft Medivh, which I gave a quick repaint yesterday. It is also taller than Filmation He-Man.
I'm testing some Air Dry Clay to make a Very Rustic Looking Guardian of Grayskull Skull on the shield. Hammered down by an inpatient smith... hence the lack of accuracy on it. I could be a cheap-ass bitch and use a foamy cut in the shape and glued in... Need to get foamy tomorrow...

It's kinda weird having a statue of myself gracing my MOTU, but They influenced my universe, I think it's nice to have a little tribute to myself in my display (not counting my custom Nefty-kun)

No comments:

Post a Comment