Apr 17, 2017

The Last Jedi and other stuff...

This little trailer slipped by me as I was away from home during Easter.

Oh crap! Luke's gonna die in this ain't it?  There's not much to say about this trailer other than Luke's it's time for the Jedi to end thing... Well, looks like Christmas can't come soon enough...

Speaking of Trailers...

I haven't seen Tokyo Ghoul, but since Japan has been stepping up their game in Live Action Movies, I thought it would be a nice idea to post this. I've seen the first Ruroni Kenshin Movie, I saw Gyakuten Saiban, I want to see Hagane no Renkinjutsushi and if anyone knows where can I buy Kagaku Ninja-tai Gatchaman in live action, I'd be eternally grateful.

And for some awesome news... well, it's a bit sad really. Peter Capaldi's replacement as the Doctor might be this guy... and no, they are not going with a woman... Yes! I mean, take it away, Bison!

I got to be honest here... I have seen NOTHING with him, so I don't know if he's a good or a bad choice. All I know is that I'm glad he's not a woman. And before I get crucified by the Tumblrharpies, hear me out...
Making a woman out of the Doctor UNDERMINES WOMEN. I've already mentioned that changing him into a her would eliminate the most original TV male hero, who is not like the rest of TV heroes (you know the usual macho badass guy) The Doctor is completely unlike them. But looking at it from a different perspective, it also hurts women by undermining them. You know what's the message that making a character who has been male for 54 years into a woman brings?
Women are so worthless that they have to ride the coattails of a Man in order to become someone... That's why I'd prefer to have a Time Lady become a character of her own WITHOUT having to be in the Doctor's shadow.

Again, the "FemDoc" is a very cheap gimmick. which is VERY dependent of the Doctor's name and reputation. This change is literally a woman appropriating of a man's accomplishments (or in this case 13 men's accomplishments). How the hell is that "female empowerment" if the woman did nothing but steal "the work" of a man (played by 13 different actors). But, chasing chimaeras like "Pay Tree Are Key" needs the victory in the stupidest battles.

Possibly the greatest thing that has happened to Netflix... and I am not talking about The Magic School Bus reboot... wait, there's a Magic School Bus reboot? I'll give you a hint:

Yes, Carmen Sandiego is getting a new show on Netflix. It won't be a game show, but an animated Series. I wonder if it'll have a relation to Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?


No comments:

Post a Comment