May 1, 2014

It Came from the Toy Chest: YOU CAN'T SEE ME! (no, not lame-ass Cena)

Card should have said: Kowl and Loo-Kee.
I'm talking about Loo-Kee. That Judgmental Squirrel who hides, sees everything, and tries to teach you stuff to be a better person. Or a weird pervert if we believe some horrible fan-fics.
Since Yesterday, I've had the Overpriced Loo-Kee and Kowl pack. Dammit! Had I known I would not have repainted the WP#4 Kowl into Filmation colors... Oh well. I already discussed Kowl, so we know what we get here.

and then, there's Kowl...
what can I say about him... He's in vintage Toy Colors... Something that to this day confuses me since PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING POP in MOTUC has been FILMATIONIZED... Expecting Kowl in Filmation Colors is not a far-fetched thing... Kowl has 3 POA limited by his sculpt. Arms cannot do 360 Degree movement due to the body and ears. Head can barely move left or right due to the ears. Mattel blames Kowl for the lack of paint applications on everything else. Then again, they bumped up the price on the packs while blaming Kowl for it as well... I'd love to get an extra 2 kowls... One to keep in toy colors and the third one to make Red-Eye (Kowl's Evil Cousin) BTW, my WP had one huge QC issue. Kowl's head fell off his body once I took him out of the package... I popped it in for that pic, then repainted him into a more Filmation-like palette. Let's face it: Kowl is the reason to get this Weapons Pack...
I was unable to bite the bullet to get the other 2 WP#4, mostly because of the excess of dud weapons.
This Kowl is Pretty much the same as the previous Kowl, but in Filmation Colors. Ah! I almost forgot. Kowl comes with The Stand from Gorpo.

Rabid Zombie Loo-Kee has taken his first victim!
Then there's the Star of the Show: Loo-Kee...

So, let's get to the Ratings part of the Review:

Articulation:
While I did talk in full about Kowl, Loo-Kee has head, arms and tail as Articulation points. Yes, it's 1 PoA more than Kowl, but he could have used a bit more articulation like wrist swivel, ball shoulders.
Like Loo-Kee I kinda wish Kowl had a bit more Articulation. In his case I'd like Ball shoulders.
2.0 for Kowl 2.5 for Loo-Kee
Paint and Sculpt:
The Sculpt is OK-ish on Loo-Kee, my minor complaint would be that the head is a bit too large. On Kowl, well, it's the same sculpt as the previous Kowl. Niw the Paintjob is where these figures fall a bit flat.  On both figures, it's  very sloppy.
3.0 for both.

Accessories:
Kowl is using Gorpo's Stand and Loo-Kee is using Kowl's.
a Stand: Specifically speaking, Gorpo's Stand. That's it... there should have been two of them! (second one is for Yellow-Kowl) Maybe some accessories with Imp's face tampographed on them.
1.0

Overall:




Loo-Kee, a Bat Capsule Toy, a Blindbag Pony and Kowl.
Here Kowl gets a 2.0 while Loo-Kee gets a 2.17 as the overall score... I Really feel that the price of this pack is too damn high. $2 Dollars... That was the difference in cost between Weapons Pack #3 and Weapons pack #4. Now Mattel is trying to tell us that each mini figure costs $10 to make. It just doesn't seem to add up. By looking at the set while it's still Mint on Card, you can feel ripped off! It's light as heck! The characters are slightly bigger than a capsule machine toy! Maybe if they had thrown in something more, then more people would have felt a bigger bang for their buck! The price feels a bit too much for near-statue slightly larger than normal Capsule toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment