Mar 23, 2016

It Came From the Toy Chest: Robert Patrick Edition



After The Governator let it slip that... "He'll be back!" For a Sequel to Genisys... I thought: Nefty! You should do a Terminator Themed Review... So I looked at the pile of Housewarming gifts that I got and the choices were: NECA's Ultimate T-1000 or a Sex Doll...

The choice was Difficult, either I made a review of the one role Robert Patrick CANNOT RUN AWAY FROM, or I made a review about a Doll whose sole purpose is to be a semen receptacle... The choice is REALLY HARD!!


I still haven't figure out how to review the Sex Doll in a SFW manner, so I went with the easier solution: The T-1000.

I guess this is the part where I give the NECA WARNING about their QC and to be Super Duper Extra Careful when Swapping Parts to avoid Breakage.

Do I even need to explain who the T-1000 is? No, I shall leave it to a Professional!
Take it away, Arnie!


So let's get cracking!

Articulation:
He has balljointed neck, shoulders, elbows wrist, thighs, knees, and ankles. The only non-balljointed articulation point is the waist.
4.5

Paint and sculpt:
The paintjob is pretty detailed with rivets, buttons and other small accessories painted. Even the metal pin holding a pen on his shirt is painted. Sadly in some areas it can be a bit sloppy. The sculpt is amazing. Robert Patrick's likeness is very well represented in plastic. Even the Battle Damaged pieces look very much like their Movie Counterparts.
4.5

Accessories:
5 Hands, 2 Extra Forearms, 1 gun, 1 alternate Torso, 3 Heads and 1 gun. The only thing we're missing is the Glitched legs, head and right arm... But I guess NECA could still do a "Liquid Metal T-1000

5.0

Overall:
The T-1000 gets a 4.67 as his final score. It's a versatile figure with TONS of Display Potential. I do have one tiny nitpick with the Splitting Headache head. It doesn't fit on the balljoint correctly. I also have an issue with his gun holster, but the figure is so fun that I can ignore said nitpicks. This is a Display piece kind of Toy (due to NECA's recent QC issues). If you can, get a stand. I'm not sure if he'll survive a shelf dive.






























No comments:

Post a Comment