Sep 1, 2015

Pre-Phantom Pain Blues...

This is it... A Journey that started in 1987 (I got in it for real in February, 1999) The FINAL METAL GEAR GAME IS NOW... Or will be in a few hours after Gamestop Opens up and I can get the game... Yes, I still support Gamestop and I've heard the horror stories. Only thing is that Gamestop is a convenient stop for me... But, we're talking MGS V, not Gamestop...

So, in a few hours, I'll be getting my copy of The Phantom Pain...
What am I expecting?
Long Installation time...
Day One Content Download...
Oops! I have to work...
Not play the game on DAY ONE because of this...

Hell! Ground Zeroes got a recent 197 MB Update Yesterday... FREAKING GROUND ZEROES...

HOPEFULLY the Install and Day One Content Download will be short enough for me to play at least 1 mission...

This rant is also a warning about the possibility of decreased activity during this week and the next. I Promise, the August Matty Stuff will come out of the Toy Chest ASAP... I need to get them first. Also, I'll eventually review The Phantom Pain.

Update!!!
Got the game for PS3. Day 1 update 154MB right out the bat...
And yes, I was suckered into buying a Strategy guide... can't use my phone as an iDroid and surf the web for hints at the same time...

28 minutes until I can play the game...

Update #2:
Installed the game. Started it up... Power failure by the time the first playable moment shows up...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I played some of the...whatever the free recent download on XBL Games with Gold was. Other than that, I haven't played a MGS game since 3. I've been interested but I haven't owned a Sony Console since PS2 and now it just seems like such a pain to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, the game is also on XB360 and XBOne. It's a bit odd at first, but once the player gets their bearings and used to some odd changes, then it's a great game. No Story Spoilers. saving those for the full review,

    ReplyDelete