Mar 7, 2018

The Tom Cruise Green Lantern rumor...

Is stupid. No, really, it's the most stupid thing I've heard since the notion that Jack Black was once considered for the role back when Ryan Reynolds became VanLantern.

Why is the Action Figure Sized Scientologist a bad casting choice?
First: It's Tom Cruise... As in 55, soon to be 56 years old Tom Cruise. If the Lanterns are meant to be part of a multi-film deal, then an older actor is a bit counterproductive.
Second: It's Tom Cruise... As in THE TOM CRUISE From Risky Business, all the way to the Mission Impossible movies. No matter what, you'll never see Hal Jordan, but instead, you'll see Tom Cruise.

Third: It's Tom Cruise, as in "I don't let toy companies use my likeness when making action figures from my movies because I feared Hollywood would cast them instead of me" Tom Cruise. OK, that last part was a short joke, but the part about him not letting his likeness be used on toys and videogames is true. I mean, the Funko Pop of Nick Morton from The Mummy, played by Tom Cruise was cancelled because of Tom Cruise. When you force a FUNKO POP to be cancelled for "likeness issues" something is not right. Merchandizing is a huge source of revenue for these types of movies and it would be stupid of WB to shoot themselves in the foot by getting Cruise.
Fourth: It's Tom Cruise, as in "I demand a long winded scene where I run away from my gay thoughts (or Rock climb away)" Tom Cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment