Aug 16, 2011

Dear Princess Celestia: Ponies for Bronies

This is the first Official My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic related article. (I've made a few references before, but not gone with a full article...)

Instead of talking about the show, which is REALLY awesome! WATCH IT! I'm gonna talk about the toys.

If you click on the links you'll see two examples of MLP:FIM toys... and you will notice something... They have NO Articulation... To be fair My Little Ponies are not known for their incredible articulation. (it's been that way since the 80s IIRC) Now this brings forth the whole point of this rant... Moderately Articulated MLP:FIM Figures!! Or as I'd like to call them Ponies for Bronies!
Pony made on the Pony Creator by General Zoi (modified by me to show the POA)
That's pretty much what I'd like to see:

If I can recreate many of the poses from the Evil Enchantress song I'd be happy!
Pegasi like Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy would get hinged ball joints for their wings.

Since the Ponies come with accessories the Ponies for Bronies would be no exception, now here's my list of accessories for Each Pony:
Twilight Sparkle: A Book and Spike (with Quill and Parchment to write to Princess Celestia)
and NO, Spike wouldn't be as articulated as the ponies...
Fluttershy: Angel the bunny, the hat and glasses she wore in the Episode Green isn't your Color to avoid the paparazzi.
Rarity: Opalesence, a basket full of gems and her glasses
Apple Jack: Hat (obviously), Rope, Winona, and an apple basket.
Rainbow Dash: Sonic Rainboom "flight stand"
Pinkie Pie: Cupcake on a plate, rubber chicken from Dragonshy, and this:


Sure some Variants could be made (Sonic Rainboom Rarity, You gotta Share You gotta Care Pinkie Pie, Pinkamena Diane Pie, Floppy horn Twilight Sparkle, etc.) but we'd need the "Mane six" before worrying about everypony on the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment