Aug 5, 2011

It came from the Toy Chest: Buttered up for Jim Henson

Awful Clawful is here!
He made one quick stop to visit Captain Paintbrush... Now that I think of it All 3 characters who shared the "Lizard/Bee/Crab" Body were visited by Captain Paintbrush...
Unlike the Other 2 where the visit was on their bodies... Clawful got a visit for an Eyebrow plucking treatment...
IF/When Mermista is available, I shall use this for a joke...
Before I start with the Review I have to say this: Finally a Clawful ACTION FIGURE that does NOT look like a Mexican Wrestler with a Crab Motif... While he truly looked like a Crab Monster in 200X, he never had an ACTION FIGURE... Now with MOTUC, his Crabby self is more Crabby, less Rey Mysterio.

Now, for the review I will use A Mattel Stock Photo of Clawful cause I was too eager to eliminate the Muppet Brows that I customized before taking the pics! My bad!
Look at him! He looks like a Muppet... That's why I don't use the Vintage Whiplash head...

Mandatory Muppet Video with a touch of Cyrus... Don't make me play the Ponies!!

I did not play any Pony videos on this article... BTW DO NOT READ CUPCAKES!!!

Articulation:
He's got the Standard MOTUC Articulation, mine has Clawfully loose ankles. His Large, meaty claw has an Articulation point that is rendered useless by the action feature. (No open claw display)
4.0
Paint and sculpt:
The reuse of the Whiplash body and Buzz-Off claw help break the "Curse of the Mexican Wrestler" on Clawful. The large, meaty claw is beautiful... They even gave him a more Crab-like back piece...
The Paint is nicely applied here. Love the red fading into his arms to avoid the Guy in a suit look. I May dislike the Black Eyebrows, the black shading inside his mouth and the pearly white teeth, but those aren't really flaws. Just design choices that I disagree with...
4.5
Accessories:
He's got his Mace... which looks a tad different than the rest of the Maces. It's a bit longer and thicker... and he's got a Crab shelled shield!? A Crab carrying an extra shell to use as a shield... That's like giving a watergun to Snout Spout... Extra head could've worked well here... (Not necessarily a 200X Head, but a more menacing, snarling head... The Classicized 200X look can almost be obtained by painting the eyebrows red...)
Some people may like the shield, but I find it too much and unneeded. It's in my extra pieces bag now... Maybe when I get Peedrink-or: Heroic Master of Crazy Survival in MOTUC he'll use it to make a shelter...
3.0
Overall: 3.83
The Lack accessories, once again hurt this score. (Your Mileage may vary.) Paintwise he's one of the best figs I've gotten. shame that he's got such loose ankles...
After the tweaks to hide the design elements that I don't like, he's a lot better now!! He is A LOT better than I expected... aside the ankles and small range of movement on his claw...

No comments:

Post a Comment