May 3, 2014

So, what about Spider-Douche 2?

Let's see... 12 years ago, I was younger and more naive. The idea that a Spider-Man movie was happening, brought me an enormous joy.
I remember that Friday when I went to see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man as if it was yesterday. I was wearing my Spider-Man costume underneath my Civilian clothing, just like Parker. I cried when Uncle Ben died a lot harder than Tobey Maguire did.

12 Years later, I went through 2 Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies that were good, then I went through Spider-Man 3.Then I went through the Amazing Spider-Douche Reboot by Marc Webb. Now as an act of masochism, I went to see Amazing Spider-Douche 2.

Do I regret it? Let me sort out my thoughts. There might be some spoilers.

Andrew Garfield NOW feels more like Peter Parker and not the arrogant douche from the previous movie... Except the whole Spider-Stalker thing. His Spider-man is A LOT better than Tobey Maguire's. That's a good thing, because one of my biggest gripes with the other movie has been fixed here.

Max Dillon... Hoo boy! They went to the ultra pathetic and unhinged... Also a bit obsessed with Spidey, which puts him on creepy territory. This is before Electro. Jamie Foxx did a great job, even if I didn't like the direction they took Electro... or should I call him Dubsteptro?

The Osborns... BLEGH! I hate how they made Norman into some sort of Green Goblin and then KILLED HIM WITHOUT Him being the GREEN GOBLIN! (as in the Nemesis of Spider-Man) That's a load of crap! Harry seems more ruthless... almost like Norman... I don't like this. they seem to have recycled Raimi's Orborn loses company and gets revenge angle. I can see some hurt/comfort slashfics with Harry and Electro coming. WHERE'S MY DAMNED GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE!?

(Alistair) Smythe, Felicia (Hardy)... Clever cameos movie... On the other hand the whole Set-up to the Electro Fight and the fight felt very videogamey (as seen on the Trailer) So, to answer my question: I kinda have some regrets seeing it. While the Parker improved. I wasn't too sold on Electro nor on Dane DeHaan's Harry. I had a bit of Déjà vu with him. It almost felt like I had seen him play this character before, but on a much crappier movie. On the other hand, my expectations for this movie were pretty low and it went slightly above my expectations. So, it's still bad, but not Street Fighter: the Legend of Chun Li or Dragon Ball: Evolution Bad. This is Tobey-Man 3 bad.

I hate this Oscorp-centric movieverse and the excessive importance put on Richard Parker...
Wait, no Life of Pi joke? Nope!  Seriously, Adrian Toomes does not develop his Flight Suit. Otto Octavius does not develop his Hazardous Material Arms... They are all Oscorp made... That's a load of crap! It makes a petty hireling out of Otto Octavius!! That is wrong!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I AM a bit curious about 3... Sinister Six and all that. Don't do as I did, just wait until it's on DVD and watch it for free on Wal Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment