Aug 28, 2017

It Came from the Toy Chest: Super 7's MYAAAAH!!

Of course I'm talking Skeletor... Or Ultimate Skeletor, I should say... Basically, this is Super7's take on Skeletor. This Skeletor is closer to the Vintage Toy Version of Skeletor than the Original Mattel MOTUC Skeletor. It reuses the Dragon Blaster body with the Original Skeletor Harness. No need to go into the whole: "WHO IS SKELETOR?" I mean, I already have mentioned these characters far too many times to the point that The House of Rants is almost a MOTU Blog. So... Let's get back to Skeletor...


Articulation:
This is Literally Dragon Blaster Skeletor. That figure had standard MOTUC Articulation, so I can't write too much about that. But I can say that my Skelly has a super loose right ankle... Not good. Wrists are a bit loose.
4.0

Paint and Sculpt:
Blastic or Purplestic alert! Keldor's head is Blastic due to the hair, which is understandable, but his blue seems darker than the normal Skeletor blue... Once I open Faker I'll see if they match. The hands are painted and that's not cool. Mine have a bit of paint chipped off. The sculpt is one we have seen before and it's mostly right. In my case, the wrists are a bit off. The joints aren't flush with each other and create a small gap.
4.0


Accessories:
-Havoc Staff
-Cape
-Alcala Head
-Keldor Head
-Half sword (painting accident makes it look better.)
-Power sword
-Alcala Power Sword
Due to the amount, he gets a 5.0 His weapons weren't warped!!

Overall:
Skeletor gets a 4.33 as his final score. I got a slightly crappy figure. Part of it was bad QC at the factory, the other part is due to some less than stellar decisions that had to be taken by S7. Painted hands are a big NO-NO!! The paint would chip off by swapping accessories, which is not cool!
The Cape I'll steal for my main Skeletor. I may have to switch hands with DB Skeletor If those aren't Blastic... Maybe switch the boots in order to get a "True ULTIMATE Skeletor". Hopefully, your Skeletor is better than mine.







No comments:

Post a Comment