Aug 30, 2017

Time Out finally returned to Plaza Las Américas...

It's smaller on the inside...
While this issue is very small to people outside Puerto Rico, this IS a big deal here...
Time Out is one of Namco's Arcade Stores and remember when Arcades where the thing? I even made a list of Arcade games that gobbled mainly my parents' money, but some of it I actually earned back then... (If I had to get technical, some of those games were from a time I was a child/young teen and my way to earn money meant chores and since my Orthodontist was at Plaza Las Américas, I was given $10 to hang at the mall and the arcade had the biggest bang for my buck... or their buck). Back in 2012 The Time Out at Plaza Las Américas closed... I ranted about it. So, about 5 years later they came back... Right across their old location at the Food Court...
Well... Time Out is getting NONE OF MY MONEY...

DDR Clones, an iteration of DDR itself, Racing Games, Ticket Scam games, Time Crisis 5 is the CLOSEST thing to a decent game *I* could play...
No Street Fighter, No Mortal Kombat, No King of Fighters, No Tekken, no Marvel Vs..., no Darkstalkers, no Soulcalibur, no Virtua Fighter, no Killer Instinct, no Metal Slug, NOT EVEN Ms. Pacman, or Galaga!!

**** Bayformers!!
I guess I'm better off buying one of those Bartop Arcade Emulators with a buttload of vintage Arcade ROMs if I want to get the Arcade Experience *I* wanted...

Also, they are using now some sort of reloadable e-Cards, so the $20 in Time Out Tokens I've collected throughout the years are useless...

This Time Out is even Crappier than the Time Out that was on the First Floor of Plaza Las Américas... IIRC it was where Macy's is right now.

 I was so excited about this and now I am so disappointed... and I mean more than Street Fighter V disappointed. This is Jem and the Holograms, nay Dragon Ball Evolution levels of disappointment.



No comments:

Post a Comment