Feb 24, 2011

It came from the Toy chest: Hamato Yoshi and Banana Girl Edition

It's That Time again! I got me some more TMNT 25th Anniversary Toys. April and Splinter.
Here they are!
Once again I'll use the Child Within Me to do the review, cause as an adult these guys are doomed... I think I've said this before...
Articulation: Both Splinter and April have 8 PoA. The difference between them is that April has a waist swivel and Splinter does not. Instead he has a tail swivel.
Adult Me gives them a 2.0
Child Me gives them a 5.0
Paint and Sculpt:
I need to get something out of my chest... or in this case April's Chest... This is based on one version of April, the one I did not have... Mine had orange accents on her clothes AND the word Press on top of her left boob. My April's headsculpt was different as well... Recently I found out that My April was part of a running change. They eliminated the Press, because some parents thought that it was a perverted faulty action figure... I will NOT be taking that into consideration on the review. But the faulty Paint around her right eye and COmpletely Off-Center Tampograph of the Word Turtles on her DO Annoy me.
Adult Me gives her a 2.5 Kid Me give her a 3.5 (Looks creepy.)
Splinter on the other hand is good. For an 80s Sculpt it's pretty detailed with the fur sculpting. There is a small scratch on his nose, but aside that the paint is flawless. (Loses a bit for having a cloth robe... Grrr!
Adult Me gives him a 4.5 Kid me a 5.o
Accessories:
The TMNT Toys HAVE a LOT of accessories: Splinter has a Cane with a surprise... It turns into a sword, Bow & Arrow, Shuriken and a rack! Aside the Bow being stuck to the Arrow (Safety laws or some other crap.) he is super cool! Adult me rating: 4.5 Kid me rating: 5.0
April, on the other hand is screwed. She has her Camera with hidden gun a Flashlight... I mean Microphone, a Shuriken and a Suitcase/Laptop thing that WON'T CLOSE at all!!...
Adult me rates it: 3.5 Kid Me 4.5
Overall:
Splinter: A- 3.33 K- 5.0
April: A- 2.67 K- 4.33

Paint and sculpt really hurt April. Now if I could Find Shredder, Rocksteady, Bebop, Foot Soldier, Casey Jones and Slash! I'd be happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment