Oct 15, 2013

nickelodeon was better then than now...

I've mentioned my love for Muppet Babies and how much I loved watching it on Nickelodeon. So... I've been watching some of nickelodeon's older programing after reading a depressing but historical article on Nickelodeon studios. It reminded me of the pre-dumbass cartoon and iCarly nickelodeon... when nickelodeon was cool... Except Doug... I hate Doug... So, nicktoons... they were cool, except Doug, so yes, I liked Rugrats and many may be shocked when I say this but I HATEHATEHATE!!!! Dil Pickles Especially knowing who is Dil's VA... The addition of Dil was to me the Shark-jumping moment of Rugrats... Incredibly enough, I prefer the All Grown Up Dil... But then again All Grown Up is the Jumping the Nuke-Fridged Shark moment of Rugrats.


Rocko's Modern Life... No idea how many adult jokes were hidden in that show. I vaguely remember it, but some of the weirder jokes stay with you...

but it's not the cartoons what I want to talk about... it's not:


or how I looked for the remote and turned on the NES when this came along:


I'm talking about the BEST thing from Old School Nickelodeon... THE GAME SHOWS!!!


Of course back then, single child, divorced parents, not living in continental US did put a huge barrier between me and Double Dare. Screaming at the TV when I knew the answer and dreading each physical challenge was awesome... I lived the dream vicariously through each contestant... Because I didn't know about the NES game... or how it DOES give you prizes at the end


but Videogames is a category where I'm somewhat competent... If there was some sort of show with videogames... I could fare better than shows that require athletic coordination and skills...

Wait... is that Joey Fatone?(It's pronounced Fa-Tone... I learned that the hard way with an NSYNC fan kicking my ass for saying his name wrong...)
I could have kicked all sorts of ass on this one... except when inside the video zone...

Speaking of shows that would totally kick my ass?

The answer is no, I do not have it... I do not have it in the VIDEOGAME VERSION either...

That game kicks my ass... Also a Backstreet Boy was on GUTS once...

But the best Nick Game show is... Drum roll please?


I'm going to say this: This show pumped me up enough to go out and kick an ancient temple's ass... Sadly, no ancient temples to raid for prizes, but it did a great job of making me go outside and play, right after the show. I remember back in middle school, some friends and myself turned the entire playground into a makeshift gameshow training center. Mostly Inspired by Double Dare! I sucked at it, but man, that was fun!

Shame that nickelodeon studios went down and we lost all of these shows... It's a shame that Game shows are a thing of the past and that I'm an Adult with Zero Chances of Entering the most awesome Adult Game Show Ever... that is not old fart gameshows like Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy or the Price is Right... (now that there is no Bob Barker, there is no point of going to The Price Is Right)

OK there are a few Adult Game Shows... that are NOT in Japan... but you have to be a freaking ninja to compete in those...






No comments:

Post a Comment