Nov 4, 2009

Board Games and me...

As a child of the eighties I was part of the last generations who actually gave a damn about Board Games. Nowadays kids are more interested in Videogames and almost ignore their low tech cousins. I had the trouble of being an only child (and when I got a younger brother there was an 8 year difference...) during the crucial years of my chidhood that involve boardgames.

Now a list of Board games that I love:

In The Dark: This game is not well known but many people know it's more popular cousin...

Connect Four... Well In the Dark made it harder because you couldn't see any of the pieces. Now you had to use your memory and plan your moves more carefully. one screw up and your oponent wins the round...



Monopoly: The Game in which you get to control everything IF Lady Luck and the Multi colored bills allow it. The video is from the "Electronic" variety or Lazy People's Monopoly...
Now this was a Game I was able to play a lot since Adults actually CARED enough to play this game...



Stratego: This game is so hard to find right now. I remember playing it a lot as a child. A strategy game... I'm pretty sure that If I pick it up today, I'll suck like a vaccum cleaner. This is the lo-tech cousin to Final Fantasy Tactics and any other Strategy RPG video game.



Perfection: A game that could be played by a loner... Guy in the ad was a bit creepy though...





Hungry Hungry Hippos: Don't mess with Hippos and their balls... It's like Pac Man but noisier... you had to be careful about cheaters trying to grab your balls. Since it's from Hasbro, i wouldn't suprised if there's a Michael Bay movie about the ball munching hippos coming soon... Probably they'll have Megan Fox in a transparent fat suit while munching as many balls as she can... (transparent so she can showcase her Megan Foxness...) This is one game to be played only during daytime... The plastic on Plastic action makes Adults angry.


The video is in Dutch, but the game is Cluedo (Clue in America)
Green, Kitchen, Rope! Scarlet, Billiard, Revolver! Plum, Hall, Knife! Great times my Dear Watson...


Bedbugs. I even found one of the critters and I haven't owned that game since 1991...
A list of Board Games that I Hate:



Operation: Writer's Cramp how much I loathe thee... I cried everytime I got that card... I think the only time I could pull that pencil out without the BZZZZZZ!! was when I pulled out the batteries... (never play it at night or else you might get in trouble...)
The game is fun but my hatred of the pencil and the loud buzzing the game made me hate this game for a long long time. Also there's the countless versions. There's Hulk, Spider-Man, Homer Simpson, Spongebob, Shrek... If anyone finds a Hannah Montana or iCarly Operation please tell me so I can do this:





Battleship. It sucks when you're an only child and you have the Lo-Tech version. Or playing against a cheater who MOVES THE SHIPS AROUND!!! Great game but it can create enemies pretty fast... YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP! *POW!* I sunk yo face motha$%^&!
The electronic version made it a bit easier for single player games.


Not a Real ad but it shows WHY I HATE SCRABBLE (other than owning one and having no one to play against...)


The Game of Life: In this game if you lose basically it says that you should kill yourself. Unwanted pregnancies, skunk farms... millionaires... If Life was more like that... I was told by the game to kill myself too many times... luckily I disobey board games...

Ready Set Spaghetti... This is just too wrong for words... just watch this clip with the rules.


Monopoly: Why is this game on both lists!? If you've played Monopoly for a while you might know why... Families are broken by this game... Either the extremely slow counter who delays the game even further. The deal-making alliances to screw players over or the sneaky jackass who steals from the bank when no one is looking... Add a couple of inebriating drinks from the adults an dyou know where this leads... (The game is never finished and everyone is too pissed off to play... there is a Disney Channel Edition... Feel free to use my previous video from operation..

and the Games I always wanted but couldn't get:



Crossfire:♪Crossfire! You get caught up in the... CROSSFIRE! Whoo!!
Crossfire! You get caught up in the... Whoo!
Crossfire! Crossfire! CROSSSFIIIIYAAAAAA!!!♫
I guess that having small ball bearing flying across a living room is a parent's worst nightmare... (especially on non-carpeted floors... and if there were pets in the house...)

Another game I never had... I still wanna see the trap live. Love them Rube Goldberg devices. I'm pretty sure at I would rather set it up and forget about playing it...


Another fanmade Ad about a Game I wanted to play but never had. Tornado Rex (or Taz's bootleg knockoff cousin)

No comments:

Post a Comment