Mar 4, 2019

It came from the Toy chest: ULTIMATE Filmation He-Man

I won't do another who is He-Man post... I mean, if you ARE HERE, You probably know of He-Man...

First things first: I am in a love/hate relationship with this figure. What they did right, they did right... what they did wrong... they did wrong.

The rest of the review will be after the jump because one of my issues can only be explained by simulated erotic acts between action figures and I must make the warning visible and to reduce the chance of people inadvertently
Seeing an oozed He-Man that is not slime pit He-Man...

So, here we are...
Paintjobs can make or break a figure...
Case in point:
The addition of the Smiling Adam Head lent itself to some awkward pics... but in all fairness, this situation wouldn't have been made possible if it wasn't for this head:
It totally looks like He-Man is looking like one of those internet girls who lose at oozinator games... you know the types that are only seen via private browser to avoid internet history...
By overdoing the glow effect, it looks like someting else completely. But let's start with the review that kinda already started... I'm doing this ass backwards because it feels more in line with my defective figure...
Axe and shield rock!

Accessories:
3 extra heads:
-laughing
-Robot
-Facialized... I mean Faker.
Oversized shield in wrong colors
Non-Filmation Axe.
It's an obvious 5.0 due to the amount. But the execution, well it's not as good. I already complained about Faker head. The weapons are slightly translucent... and the color feels off. It's too grey. They needed a tinge of blue.
The camera is trolling me.
IRL, the colors of s7 He-Man are wrong
But with flash, they look right... wtf?

Paint and sculpt: 
The sculpt is close to the Matty one, but not an exact reproduction. It looks and feels bootleggy... And to top it off my figure has 2 right arms...  Let's hope Customer Service can do anything about it. The colors are way off compared to the Matty figure.
3.0

Articulation:
Aside the left arm issue his articulation is the same as Tri-Klops.
But no sword aloft articulation... which is a bummer. The ankle articulation is better and more aesthetically pleasing than Mattel's.
4.0
Overall:
Ignoring the issue with mine he gets a 4.0 as his final score. He's not a bad figure... aside the incorrect colors...  it feels like a "toy colors" Filmation He-Man. The wrong right hand articulation is regretably sad. If I didn't have the Matty one, he'd be an acceptable substitute... (if I had gotten a figure with proper arms.)
Teela: What do you mean,
Adam and He-Man are the same.
They aren't!! Look at them! I can see
why kids love symonym toast crunch!
Update: CS will send me a return label so I can send back my defective figure and get a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment