Mar 30, 2019

MOTU movie: roster, designs, and other stuff rant.

With the He-Man movie allegedly beginning production this August, I'm very worried...
To be honest I'm smelling a disaster I failure even bigger than Max Steel. I don't want it to suck but everything seems to be pointing out like it's going to suck.

So I began thinking: How are they going to tackle things?
 I knew that for skeletal they're going to do a computer-generated skull on an actor's face... but the thing is will the same actor doing the physical work be the one who voices Skeletor or will they do a Darth Vader?
Personally I'm hoping for the Darth Vader approach and that maybe they considered someone like Bill Nighy to do the voice of Skeletor... seeing that Alan Rickman is dead and Tim Curry is retired... could you imagine a Skeletor Voiced by Tim Curry ohmygod!

If they go the other route of one actor doing Skeletor and the voice I hope that the actor they pick is a classically trained actor maybe with theater experience. Because Skeletor needs to be terrifying but at the same time he needs to be a bit hammy something like Raul Julia in Street Fighter or again Frank Langella as Skeletor in the 1987 MOTU movie. That is precisely why my top three picks for using a different VA were: Alan Rickman Tim Curry and Bill Nighy.

Now picking rosters it's a much simpler task because they were worried turn the easiest besides Skeletor all you need is Beastman, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops, Evil-Lyn, Merman and you're done!
The heroic Warrior Cesar bit harder but I would go with Teela, Man-at-Arms, Stratos, Ramman, and Mekaneck.
Obviously characters like Oracle king randor queen Marlena would appear but I mean those five as heroic warriors that are actually fighting alongside He-Man.

 the costume designs I know it's going to raise an issue with many people. I don't want carbon copy of the toys but I do want the designs to be as close as possible to them.
For example Teela and Evelyn I don't want them to be both wearing the same swimsuit only different colors. Think like the MYPseries where Teela and Evil Lyn had similar yet different outfits. I strongly believe the key characteristics of the character most remain us close to the toy: like say Tri-Klops with his big green visor, Trap Jaw with a big mechanical right arm and big red Jaw or Mekaneck with his angular red helmet with the shiny triangular lens glasses.

I think I've said this before but He-Man could have his Iron Cross without it being an iron cross. The crest on his chest could be simply a square coridite Crystal that has clams coming from the corner holding it in place and from afar it makes it look like he has a cross emblem in his chest. It's funny because Skeletor is the only character I could deviate a bit more from The Source material without making me angry. If they go the Fallen Prince Keldor route for Skeletor, then having Skeletor wear  a darker, twisted version of the royal clothing of Prince Keldor would would be an interesting route to take for him.

Two items that personally I think they should go straight up filmation versions of would be the power Sword and the Havoc staff. Okay maybe that Havoc staff could be a bit more tweaked having a realistic ram skull and all that... but the power source should look as close to the iconic filmation look or the vintage toy sword.

Who would have thought that 10 years later I would still be bitching about a He-Man movie... come to think of it this August will be the tenth year anniversary  of the House of Rants  and I'm still wanting a He-Man movie to be made... damn...

No comments:

Post a Comment