Mar 15, 2019

Diorama pieces why aren't we getting many?

Before anyone says:
Orokana Nefty-kun, sonotame ni Nihon ni iku hitsuyō ga arimasu.
I mean here in the West. I KNOW that there have been backdrops made. (Recently saw a sewer one perfect for some radical terrapin shinobi.) I mean diorama pieces to make said backdrops and other playsets feel alive. I used to love Jakks when they made diorama pieces for their WWE figures and the Mii World stuff. I have been slowly amassing members of the SOS Brigade... no one will come out the Toy chest until Mikuru and Koizumi arrive. For the moment, I don't care about Asakura or Tsuruya, so I'm talking about the core members of the SOS Brigade. Which made me think... I can't simply display them on a plain background... I want to recreate the SOS Brigade Club room... Holy crap!, someone ACTUALLY DID IT!! They didn't make the Bamboo tree, but everything else is in there. Some stuff is from the figures, other stuff was bought and or made, but that spices up the display.

Or how about this for the Ranma 1/2 figures...
The backyard of the Tendo residence is the safest diorama to make since all the available fogures (and Genma statue) can be displayed with no real issues.
Angry female Ranma could be chasing P-Chan on the roof when Shampoo appears. Akane could be yelling at Ranma, while Genma holds a sign.

Now picture someth5ong for an Avengers lounge room. Couches, TVs, snacks. Cute little PS4s and XBOnes to have  them play. Maybe even a billiards table... no... Arcade and Pinball machines is where it's at! Could you imagine how awesome wpuld that be? But I digress...

But Nefty "there isn't a huge market for these"... Well, Little Timmy is not likely to buy these... He'd rather get Bray Wyatt, or Batman, than diorama pieces... If marketed to the Adult Collector, maybe there would be a chance... I just want cheaper alternatives than buying expensive Japanese Model kits or 3d printed props from Shapeways or etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment