Feb 14, 2022

Gatchaman Crowds: WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?

 After being cockblocked by BOTH [adult swim] and Crunchyroll from watching Shenmue: The Animation, I decided to go through the huge Crunchyroll library, and as a late 30s anime fan, I wanted to look at the stuff I grew up with... that weren't DragonBall. So, I decided to watch Gatchaman Crowds, because of the whole Gatchaman part of the name.... Boy do I want those 25 minutes back.
This is Science Ninja Team Gatchaman 
This is an abomination that shouldn't have the name Gatchaman in it.

I knew it was a bit Different, but Holy ass crackers! This shit is Gatchaman in name only. Aside a few names and insignias, this has NOTHING TO DO WITH GATCHAMAN. I don't mind the idea of the Aliens being a bit different than they were in the 70s OR having the Gatchaman team wearing High Tech armor... but the armor should AT LEAST be somewhat reminiscent of the 70s Gatchaman outfits. I've heard good things about this anime from people who don't care about the original Gatchaman. But people who were fans of the original Gatchaman have nothing good to say about this anime... 

Hell, it's kinda sad that the canceled American Gatchaman Project was more faithful to Gatchaman than Tatsuniko's Gatchaman Crowds.


No comments:

Post a Comment