Feb 16, 2022

Odds and ends February 16-17 2022

 Mattel can be a huge nest of dumbasses at times. Not going to comment much on their crazy beliefs that "people will keep buying their product at the same rate as 2021 despite upcoming price hikes"...  no. What I'm talking about is far more insidious.

You know there's a Jurassic Park movie coming. I commented on it a bit ago. Well, it appears that some toys slipped through the cracks and were sold on legitimate toy e-tailers... not "fallen of the truck" or "Chinese Baker's dozen" figures. So, these toys were legitimately bought by reviewers. So, they reviewed the toys that they LEGITIMATELY BOUGHT FROM A LEGITIMATE E-TAILER. Mattel lawyered up and they abused the YouTube Copyright strike system to block the reviews because of "spoilers". In reality, Mattel is trying to save face with Universal, since, Mattel screwed up on distribution... instead of going against the e-tailer who broke the street date, they go after the reviewers.

This is beyond ridiculous! 

Seth Rogen's TMNT have been revealed... yikes!

The Turtles look wimpy in comparison to the classic Turtles. They look a smidge better than Rise and Much better than the Bay Produced movies versions, but they don't look good... I feel bad for the shitty Playmates Toys these will cause. Not because Playmates is lazier and more ass backwards than Mattel, but because the Turtles already look shitty AND if the Turtles look this bad, I can't imagine how bad the rest will look... and I know that Playmates will be cutting ALL THE CORNERS on non-turtle figures...

I don't care about Bioshock, but I WORRY when I read the words Netflix making a movie. We all know how hit or miss Netflix can be... with Bioshock requiring a moderately larger budget; I wonder how Netflix will screw it up.

Speaking of Screw Ups, I was able to see Episode 2 of Shenmue the Animation... I'm highly disappointed on the English version using someone who is not Corey Marshall as Hazuki, while Japan kept their VA... sadly, I only got to see the second episode in Japanese, so I don't know how it plays in English, but the Subtitles made sure to go extremely out of their way to not say the s-word...

It's SHEN-FUCKING-MUE!! YOU NEED TO REFERENCE SAILORS!!! Oh no... I fear what they'll do to the Harbor and Forklift racing... or even worse: Lucky Hot once we reach Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment