Feb 22, 2022

NU-HE-MAN GRAYSKULL: a rant

 I thought that I would not have to talk MOTU until Season 2 of CGI He-Man: Battle of the Mega Men... but Mattel dropped some pics of the New Grayskull.

That's the new Castle Grayskull. All the pics shown are from the front side. But it doesn't look like Castle Grayskull... it looks more like a WWE Stage entrance.

Now before people start claiming OK Boomer to dismiss me, stop, evaluate and listen!
I'm not criticizing the castle's design. I'm criticizing it from a play perspective. Past castles have been half shells with play areas inside and outside.
As seen on this Origins Grayskull, there is a lot of play elements INSIDE the castle.
The new Grayskull only offers 2 swords and an ax. The turret no longer houses the laser cannon. Now it has been relegated to the side.

Notice the rocky outcropping and how it's almost a figure tall.
It has a trap door atop the castle and power up effects... plus a lot of useless electronics. ToyNewsI has a preview.
There is a lot less play value in this castle than say, the Origins Castle. My issue is that it plays more like a MOTWWEU Titantron than an Actual Grayskull. I keep wondering if the people in charge at the boys toys division can even MOTU... 

No comments:

Post a Comment